+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate in Bangladesh

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
Hi All,

In Bangladesh, Police Clearance Certificate is issued based on the address that is provided in the passport. In many case, people who live in the city, use their suburb/village address (which is their permanent address) in the passport. But due to work issues, people reside (rented or employer provided space) in cities. Given that police authority will only issue the certificate based on the address which is given in passport, my questions are:

1. Does it require that PCC needs to be issued based on current/present residential address?

2. What if a person doesn't live in his permanent address since his 18 years of age. But regularly visit the place. when the applicant fills up the background declaration form, will there be any problem if he doesn't mention the permanent address details in the list of residential addresses?

In short-
a. the person's address in the passport is permanent address and based on which the PCC will be issued.
b. but his contact mailing address and residential addresses since 18 years of age are different from permanent address (as mentioned in the passport)

Thus, there will be no reflection of permanent address details in any of the forms that the principal applicant is going to fill up. Will that be any concern? Does it require that the permanent address (given in the passport) needs to be same residential address?

Thanks in advance and regards

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
You will not get a PCC issued by the PS of your current city of residence if the address is not mentioned in your passport. So the only option you have is to get it issued from your permanent address unless you change your passport to include your present address in it. The address mentioned in the PCC will be the same as your passport so there won't be any problem with your application. As the PCC issued by BD police only mentions that "you son/daughter of (your father's name) Address (As per your passport) holding international passport no........ have been verified.........." it doesn't matter whether it is issued by PS of your permanent or present address. So to answer your queries:

1. PCC needs to be issued from the country of residence and from the countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday. Present or Permanent address doesn't matter.
2.There will be no problem. Your permanent address will be mentioned in your passport- a copy of which you will be attaching with your application.
a. No issue if the PCC will be issued from permanent address even if the person never lived there. If the address mentioned in your passport is permanent address, you will have to get your PCC issued from your permanent address. There is no alternative way in BD.
b. Permanent address doesn't need to be present residential address.

Hope this answers your query. Good luck

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
You will not get a PCC issued by the PS of your current city of residence if the address is not mentioned in your passport. So the only option you have is to get it issued from your permanent address unless you change your passport to include your present address in it. The address mentioned in the PCC will be the same as your passport so there won't be any problem with your application. As the PCC issued by BD police only mentions that "you son/daughter of (your father's name) Address (As per your passport) holding international passport no........ have been verified.........." it doesn't matter whether it is issued by PS of your permanent or present address. So to answer your queries:

1. PCC needs to be issued from the country of residence and from the countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday. Present or Permanent address doesn't matter.
2.There will be no problem. Your permanent address will be mentioned in your passport- a copy of which you will be attaching with your application.
a. No issue if the PCC will be issued from permanent address even if the person never lived there. If the address mentioned in your passport is permanent address, you will have to get your PCC issued from your permanent address. There is no alternative way in BD.
b. Permanent address doesn't need to be present residential address.

Hope this answers your query. Good luck
This was GREAT! Thank you so much! Do you know the process for people who currently live outside Bangladesh?

My parents live in Qatar and their permanent address is Dhaka on their passport. When I fill up the application online, since I cannot select Qatar as their present address, what should I input in that mandatory section?

@tuton.hr if you know anything, that would be helpful as well.

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
This was GREAT! Thank you so much! Do you know the process for people who currently live outside Bangladesh?

My parents live in Qatar and their permanent address is Dhaka on their passport. When I fill up the application online, since I cannot select Qatar as their present address, what should I input in that mandatory section?

@tuton.hr if you know anything, that would be helpful as well.
You have to get photocopies of your parents' passports attested by the Bangladesh embassy in Qatar and submit those with their online applications for PCC. Here's the link to apply for PCC- http://pcc.police.gov.bd:8080/ords/f?p=500:1::::::
Provide the same address as permanent and present address while applying. Good luck

Reactions: salmunsu

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
You have to get photocopies of your parents' passports attested by the Bangladesh embassy in Qatar and submit those with their online applications for PCC. Here's the link to apply for PCC- http://pcc.police.gov.bd:8080/ords/f?p=500:1::::::
Provide the same address as permanent and present address while applying. Good luck
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

A couple of other questions:
1. Can a relative pick up the PCC (assuming and hoping that there is no issue)? Or do they need some sort of authorization document?
2. My parents sold the property that is listed as permanent address and do not live there anymore. Do they go talk to the people who are currently living there to verify anything?
3. I just used my uncles phone number in Bangladesh since we do not have a phone number there. Do they call to check?

Thank you so MUCH! This is a pretty stressful process

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

A couple of other questions:
1. Can a relative pick up the PCC (assuming and hoping that there is no issue)? Or do they need some sort of authorization document?
2. My parents sold the property that is listed as permanent address and do not live there anymore. Do they go talk to the people who are currently living there to verify anything?
3. I just used my uncles phone number in Bangladesh since we do not have a phone number there. Do they call to check?

Thank you so MUCH! This is a pretty stressful process
1. An authorization letter would be required. Your authorized relative needs to apply on your parents' behalf.
2. A policeman will visit the address to verify it. So make sure the current residents confirm the address as your parents' permanent address.
3. The police will call him before visiting the address.

And you are welcome

Reactions: salmunsu

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi All,

In Bangladesh, Police Clearance Certificate is issued based on the address that is provided in the passport. In many case, people who live in the city, use their suburb/village address (which is their permanent address) in the passport. But due to work issues, people reside (rented or employer provided space) in cities. Given that police authority will only issue the certificate based on the address which is given in passport, my questions are:

1. Does it require that PCC needs to be issued based on current/present residential address?

2. What if a person doesn't live in his permanent address since his 18 years of age. But regularly visit the place. when the applicant fills up the background declaration form, will there be any problem if he doesn't mention the permanent address details in the list of residential addresses?

In short-
a. the person's address in the passport is permanent address and based on which the PCC will be issued.
b. but his contact mailing address and residential addresses since 18 years of age are different from permanent address (as mentioned in the passport)

Thus, there will be no reflection of permanent address details in any of the forms that the principal applicant is going to fill up. Will that be any concern? Does it require that the permanent address (given in the passport) needs to be same residential address?

Thanks in advance and regards
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I have a question: does the Police Clearance Certificate need to state exactly "there is no adverse information against ________ him or her ineligible for immigration purposed to Canada". I know the Indian PCCs state these, but is it mandatory for all countries' PCCs?

Tarannum

Oct 29, 2020
My present address in passport is my village address where I have never lived before. Emergency address is Dhaka which is also my current residence address. I have heard that it is possible to get PCC based on emergency address. Is it true? Or do I need to do my PCC mandatorily from my permanent address?

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
My present address in passport is my village address where I have never lived before. Emergency address is Dhaka which is also my current residence address. I have heard that it is possible to get PCC based on emergency address. Is it true? Or do I need to do my PCC mandatorily from my permanent address?
What you have heard is right. Get it done from Dhaka.

robstark1255

Mar 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
03-07-19
I am sharing my experience.
My permanent address is my village address where I haven't lived before. The emergency address is Dhaka but that was my previous residential address.
I collected a citizenship certificate from ward councillor where I am living now (also in Dhaka) and got attestation.
Then I submitted online application and got the PCC within 6 days! I didn't expect to get it so fast! I must say I got a good investigating police officer who verified my records.

Tarannum

Oct 29, 2020
I am sharing my experience.
My permanent address is my village address where I haven't lived before. The emergency address is Dhaka but that was my previous residential address.
I collected a citizenship certificate from ward councillor where I am living now (also in Dhaka) and got attestation.
Then I submitted online application and got the PCC within 6 days! I didn't expect to get it so fast! I must say I got a good investigating police officer who verified my records.
Where did you attest it from? Any first-class gazetted officer?

SRZ0210

Aug 21, 2016
Hi All, please help out with below query:

My husband got his PCC issued through his passport Emergency Contact address. Neither my husband nor the Emergency Contact live in that address currently. Will that become an issue for the PR application?

Thanks

Witcher89

Nov 6, 2020
Guys, I got the police clearance certificate from Bangladesh which doesn't show the duration of my Stay in Bangladesh. Will this accept in the PR application?

Thanks