+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate. Help Needed?

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to know, if we can get a PCC in India or do we have to go through BLS canada to get the PCC. Some people I know who got PR got their PCC from India. Have the rules changed regarding this or we can still use a PCC if we get it from India?

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, you need to get a Police clearance certificate if you have stayed in a place for over 6 months. So if you have stayed in India for over 6 months at a stretch, then yes you need to get it from India.

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
taranjotwani said:
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to know, if we can get a PCC in India or do we have to go through BLS canada to get the PCC. Some people I know who got PR got their PCC from India. Have the rules changed regarding this or we can still use a PCC if we get it from India?
Get one from he Passport seva kendra. Its very easy; book your appointment online and go there with your docs.

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if i am in canada can I get my PCC done from passport kendra in India if my family member goes to the appointment with my passport copy and with letter of permission for my family member to get pcc on my behalf.

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
@Sanket:
The person who needs the PCC should appear along with their original passport at Passport Kendra. Photocopies alone are not allowed. Other persons are not allowed. When you get PCC you get a letter (indicating presence or absence of criminal records) plus an endorsement in your original passport somewhere in the last few pages saying PCC was issued with PCC number. So that means if you are in Canada, you cannot get PCC in India at an indian passport kendra location using passport photocopy.

If you are in Canada, use BLS International or Indian embassy directly. Google it. Its simple. I used BLS and i got it in 2 weeks. For my wife it took 4 weeks though. Every family member included in the PR application should submit the PCC.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I got my PCC from India while working in Dubai.I never went to India for applying for PCC. My Dad did all the formalities.I just authorized him.It was in 2011.

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks autumnsummer71 and martin

My INTERESTING situation is: I have lived in 2 different states in India , i immigrated in Canada in 2011 on student visa,
after landing to Canada i visited India once,
now in BLS form i don't have option to fill both addresses,( it says mention addressees you liven while you visited India )
I had still kept 2 addresses in that question (no 20 ) on BLS form but agent in Calgary office took all addressees off, keeping just address i visited after getting landing status in canada.

now I am worried that CIC officer will ask me to provide PCC from all States of India while checking my file and it will end up delaying my process.

If some one has option for that i will be thankful to him/her,

regards,
sanket

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
@ Sanket:
Regardless of how many states you lived in India, there is only ONE PCC certificate. The Agent is correct. The address where you lived/visited in India AFTER you landed in Canada is important. I think there is one other place where you mention the addresses you lived in India and how long you lived etc. Anyways, you don't have to worry about the two states where you lived. I've heard most people who dont have criminal records get it within 1 to 8 weeks. Exceptional cases get delayed for a long time. There is no such thing called PCC from each state of India.

Just a note: PCC can be obtained both thru Passport Kendra (A Central Govt. agency) for 500 Rs. or through approaching the office of the Commissioner of Police for the area where you lived. (The Commissioner should in his discretion redirect it to the local Police Station for checking for your records) My earlier post was the process only for getting it from Passport Kendra. I know this because I obtained my previous PCC while i was in India thru the Passport Kendra. One can also get it from your local Police Commissioner office for which even someone you authorize is fine and even original passport is not required. I know my friends who are here in Canada but used their dad in India (and their influence/money) to get PCC from Indian Police directly and asked them to send it via courier to Canada which they used for PR process.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
You need only one PCC. I would recommend PCC from your home town.I studied 3 years in Tamil nadu, worked 2 years in Haryana but got PCC only from my home town(Kerala).

I worked in Dubai for 1 year and Sharjah for 1 year.I got only PCC from Sharjah. Even though Sharjah and Dubai are 2 countries they all belong to United Arab Emirates.So CIC asked only for one PCC.

So don't worry about different states.If they allow different countries to give a single PCC then why worry about different states in a country?

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin29 said:
You need only one PCC. I would recommend PCC from your home town.I studied 3 years in Tamil nadu, worked 2 years in Haryana but got PCC only from my home town(Kerala).

I worked in Dubai for 1 year and Sharjah for 1 year.I got only PCC from Sharjah. Even though Sharjah and Dubai are 2 countries they all belong to United Arab Emirates.So CIC asked only for one PCC.

So don't worry about different states.If they allow different countries to give a single PCC then why worry about different states in a country?
+1

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
@ Sanket:
Regardless of how many states you lived in India, there is only ONE PCC certificate. The Agent is correct. The address where you lived/visited in India AFTER you landed in Canada is important. I think there is one other place where you mention the addresses you lived in India and how long you lived etc. Anyways, you don't have to worry about the two states where you lived. I've heard most people who dont have criminal records get it within 1 to 8 weeks. Exceptional cases get delayed for a long time. There is no such thing called PCC from each state of India.

Just a note: PCC can be obtained both thru Passport Kendra (A Central Govt. agency) for 500 Rs. or through approaching the office of the Commissioner of Police for the area where you lived. (The Commissioner should in his discretion redirect it to the local Police Station for checking for your records) My earlier post was the process only for getting it from Passport Kendra. I know this because I obtained my previous PCC while i was in India thru the Passport Kendra. One can also get it from your local Police Commissioner office for which even someone you authorize is fine and even original passport is not required. I know my friends who are here in Canada but used their dad in India (and their influence/money) to get PCC from Indian Police directly and asked them to send it via courier to Canada which they used for PR process.
+1

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks youuu...you guys are awsome
you dont have idea how much relived I am after reading this,

God bless.

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
@ Sanket:

Just what I was looking for. Although I have been hinted that it does not work with new Express Entry system. Has anyone applied for a PR with Express Entry with the PR received from Commissioner office.

netchie25

May 27, 2012
Laguna
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect time..
My application for residency is now on process. When i uploaded my police clearances i am lacking 1 which is my coc from singapore. So, what i did is write an explanation letter that my request was on process and it shows on the singapore website that they will send it to the immigration officer or cic. After a long wait, the coc mail came to my mailing address. Now my question is, do i need to wait for the CIC to ask for my coc knowing that i stated on the letter that it will be sent to CIC? O do i need to mail it to CIO? And what is the mailing address? Please advise. Thank you