+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate from USA

bhagat.ali

Jul 23, 2010
Hi,

Has anyone got a PCC certificate from US? I believe the process is to fill up the form on the FBI website along with the fingerprints.

Questions:

1) Do I need to get a Police Certificate from the state I lived in too?
2) Where in Toronto can I get the FBI fingerprint form completed? Do I need to go to a fingerprint/security speciality agencies?

Thanks in advance!

tulip_001

Dec 1, 2012
It is better to include state police certificate too. One of my friends has got a request to provide cic with a state police certificate. But as far as I know, most of people apply only with fbi certificates.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhagat.ali, as per CIC, the Visa Office will advise you if state certificates are required in your case. So, you will need to send the FBI certificate with finger prints only when you file the application.

Please refer to this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You can use google to find this information or wait until someone from Toronto can give advice. Just search "fingerprints toronto."

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Re: Police Clearance Certificate from USA including all States lived in ?

Need suggestion from seniors:

Please.

Per CIC website guidelines, I just applied for PCC from FBI for my stay in USA.Just now I saw in forum saying to send PCC from states as well. I lived in IL and NJ.

I should not worry now and work on it only if CIC asks me in future or send both in mail after getting AOR in next couple of months proactively ?

If I need to wait until CIC asks me in future I am scared will I get both in given timeline of a month or so ?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I included a PCC from the FBI, and don't think they would require anything more, unless they have a reason for concern and ask for additional PCCs (state and local).

The FBI form you can print online and take to any police station for fingerprints to be affixed, or as mentioned by some other members, you could take it to a professional fingerprinting service. Mine was done through the local police department and everything was in order - received FBI response in 3 months (upon receipt of request).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

srionline117 said:
Just now I saw in forum saying to send PCC from states as well. I lived in IL and NJ.

That is an old requirement - a few years ago, State PCCs were required of all applicants who had lived in the USA, that is no longer true. It is possible that CIC requests them anyway.

I should not worry now and work on it only if CIC asks me in future or send both in mail after getting AOR in next couple of months proactively ?

If I need to wait until CIC asks me in future I am scared will I get both in given timeline of a month or so ?

No need to be scared. If you want to request them, go ahead, but there is no need to do so unless/until CIC asks for them. State PCCs are usually faster then FBI, so you will have plenty of time...

peki

Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 28th 2013
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
February 2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
January 31st 2014
LANDED..........
February 15th 2014

What about my case. I was in USA until May and now in Macedonia. What if they request a state background check from NJ or VA or NY I lived more then 6 months In each of them. How can I get that?
I'm scarred that I'm not going to be able to provide cuz I'm in Europe now.

Is it going to mean anything if I told them
That I'm not able?

Have a great day

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

peki said:
What about my case. I was in USA until May and now in Macedonia. What if they request a state background check from NJ or VA or NY I lived more then 6 months In each of them. How can I get that?
I'm scarred that I'm not going to be able to provide cuz I'm in Europe now.

Is it going to mean anything if I told them
That I'm not able?
It is extremely unlikely that a State certificate will be requested. But if is, all States can process out-of state requests.