+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy in USA

Kamsin

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for your help. Our father visited the police station and they directed him to Commissioner Officer. He met the officer who is in charge of giving clearance for PCC and he said that he has not received any request from Indian embassy SF. I have written an email again to Indian embassy and waiting their response. The deadline for submission of documents on Canada website is July second week. I have PCC from all other countries except India and all other docs are ready. This is really frustrating :( :(

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Thanks for your help. Our father visited the police station and they directed him to Commissioner Officer. He met the officer who is in charge of giving clearance for PCC and he said that he has not received any request from Indian embassy SF. I have written an email again to Indian embassy and waiting their response. The deadline for submission of documents on Canada website is July second week. I have PCC from all other countries except India and all other docs are ready. This is really frustrating :( :(
Your passport address and permanent address are different ??

Kamsin

Apr 2, 2018

Kamsin

Apr 2, 2018
Thank you so much for your help! The Vice Consul for miscellaneous services replied saying that they have sent a reminder to Regional Passport office and are awaiting their reply.
The Vice Consul says they havent heard back from Regional Passport Office and asked me to help expedite the matter with RPO. I asked my dad in India to visit RPO and the officer there said he hasnt received any request from Indian Embassy SFO. He looked up our details based on our passport number. I have all documents ready and uploaded on the Canadian government website except India PCC. My deadline for submission is 11th July. Should I submit my application without India PCC or withdraw and reapply after getting PCC?

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
The Vice Consul says they havent heard back from Regional Passport Office and asked me to help expedite the matter with RPO. I asked my dad in India to visit RPO and the officer there said he hasnt received any request from Indian Embassy SFO. He looked up our details based on our passport number. I have all documents ready and uploaded on the Canadian government website except India PCC. My deadline for submission is 11th July. Should I submit my application without India PCC or withdraw and reapply after getting PCC?
Tell the consulate that indian passport office does not have any info regarding this.

You can not submit without uploading PCC. You can upload a letter as a proof from the counsulate that it will take time for you to obtain PCC. I would suggest you to create a separate thread so that seniors and experienced members can come up and advice you.

mantho

Jan 10, 2018
Did you get your PCC?

Hpp17

Mar 22, 2019
Hi,
I followed the CGISF page for Police clearance and found the following docs:
A. Proof of US status
Passport, Visa, I-94 and I-797 notarized copies

B. Proof of Current Address
Drivers license notarized copy.

C. Miscellaneous Applications form
D. Personal Particulars Proforma
E. CGISF Money Order for $28

Is the above list good for San Francisco consulate?
Or are there any other documents required?

Thanks.
I’m on student visa in USA can I also get from Indian embassy ?

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Getting a Police clearance certificate from an Indian embassy in the US is super easy. We did ours from the San Francisco embassy. We got our certificate within a week. I don't think the address change should matter. Better to check with the US embassy anyway..
Could you please confirm whether you got it done by physically going to the consulate and initiating the process?

prin999

May 3, 2019

Hello,

I know this post is from a year ago. I'm exactly in the same situation, waiting for PCC-SFO, spoke to consulate and they say that they haven't heard from the RPO. What did you end up doing? How long did it take to get PCC?

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Its been over 40 days and I finally received a response to my email.

"So far we didn’t get any clear response to process PCC.

If you want passports you can collect from our consulate.

We are not assure how long it will take time."

What should I do in this case? My deadline to submit to Canada is July second week.
How much time did it end up taking? My application for PCC has been pending for more than a month now but I have not heard any response.