+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC - Consulate sent a Nationality Verification Form

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi All,
I wanted to know if anyone has similar experience before :

I recently sent my passport to Indian consulate seeking India PCC.

However they responded back by asking me to fill Nationality Verification Form.
It seems my PVR (Police verification status) is not clear and they will send details to Regional Passport Office in India to get clearance.

My passport was issued from India and the address on the passport is no more occupied by me as it was rented apartment .

Has anyone faced a similar situation ? If so, what is the wait time until PCC is received.

Thanks much!

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
It could take a month to get the PCC
Ohh.

Would you be able to elaborate if you had a similar experience.

Consulate offered me to return my passport and said they shall send PCC whenever ready. So when PCC clearance is received is there a stamping on passport too or just a certificate of clearance.

And do you have experience filling Nationality Verification Form, since it asks to fill data which makes no sense, sorry to say but it asks to fill known personality staying within the vicinity of my permanent address in India. Weird! :(

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
My case was a bit weird. I knew my PVR was not clear last year so when I went to India this December I got my PVR done. I came back and sent my passport to the consulate. Turns out the city police commissioner had not sent my file to the passport office giving clearance so the consulate couldn't issue a PCC. So they sent me the nationality verification form to fill out and told me it could take a month for clearance.

Meanwhile I got in touch with my police contacts in India to clear my file from the commissioner office. They did it 2 days later and the consulate informed me they will issue PCC.

Reactions: Billoo3108

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
My case was a bit weird. I knew my PVR was not clear last year so when I went to India this December I got my PVR done. I came back and sent my passport to the consulate. Turns out the city police commissioner had not sent my file to the passport office giving clearance so the consulate couldn't issue a PCC. So they sent me the nationality verification form to fill out and told me it could take a month for clearance.

Meanwhile I got in touch with my police contacts in India to clear my file from the commissioner office. They did it 2 days later and the consulate informed me they will issue PCC.
Ohh..I was in India too this dec but never knew that PVR could be a road block. Let's see..I dont even have any contacts back in India to expedite this. Lets see

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi All,
I wanted to know if anyone has similar experience before :

I recently sent my passport to Indian consulate seeking India PCC.

However they responded back by asking me to fill Nationality Verification Form.
It seems my PVR (Police verification status) is not clear and they will send details to Regional Passport Office in India to get clearance.

My passport was issued from India and the address on the passport is no more occupied by me as it was rented apartment .

Has anyone faced a similar situation ? If so, what is the wait time until PCC is received.

Thanks much!
I am not sure what can be done since you were living in a rented apartment. In my husband's case, the NY consulate said the same, i.e. his passport hadn't been verified. They emailed the Delhi passport office (RPO) cc'ing my husband but we didn't hear back from anyone so decided to apply for a PCC online here: http://www.delhipolice.nic.in/citizen_services.html. They guarantee a visit by the police within 7 business days. My husband's father received a call from the police and they arrived the next day to verify my husband's stay. This document was then emailed to us which we then forwarded to the NY consulate. We were then told to come pick up the PCC from the Indian Consulate since they have same day service. Hope this helps!

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I am not sure what can be done since you were living in a rented apartment. In my husband's case, the NY consulate said the same, i.e. his passport hadn't been verified. They emailed the Delhi passport office (RPO) cc'ing my husband but we didn't hear back from anyone so decided to apply for a PCC online here: http://www.delhipolice.nic.in/citizen_services.html. They guarantee a visit by the police within 7 business days. My husband's father received a call from the police and they arrived the next day to verify my husband's stay. This document was then emailed to us which we then forwarded to the NY consulate. We were then told to come pick up the PCC from the Indian Consulate since they have same day service. Hope this helps!
This helps a lot.

Rather I was planning to do the same i.e to explore the online PCC option. But the online application asks for current residing address and I can provide address of my parents in Delhi but I do not reside there anymore, so wasn't sure if I can still explore this option.

So my question is , was your husband's passport address the same as the address where his parents live currently ?
Does the applicant needs to be physically present when the police arrived ?

Lastly my passport is issued from Pune but my parents stay in Delhi and i.e their own residence , so can I still provide that address as my current address as that's the only permanent address I have in India. Would you know ?

Thanks again

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
This helps a lot.

Rather I was planning to do the same i.e to explore the online PCC option. But the online application asks for current residing address and I can provide address of my parents in Delhi but I do not reside there anymore, so wasn't sure if I can still explore this option.

So my question is , was your husband's passport address the same as the address where his parents live currently ?

Lastly my passport is issued from Pune but my parents stay in Delhi and i.e their own residence , so can I still provide that address as my current address as that's the only permanent address I have in India. Would you know ?

Thanks again
Also could you please let me know what document's did your husband's father needed to provide to show that your husband stayed there ? This will help a lot.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Also could you please let me know what document's did your husband's father needed to provide to show that your husband stayed there ? This will help a lot.
Hmm, my husband's Adhaar Card, Passport, Voters ID Card, etc. all had the same permanent address. I'm honestly not sure if you can use your parents Delhi address since your passport doesn't have that address on it. I assume you can provide their address since you don't reside in India anymore.

My husband's dad showed a copy of his Adhaar Card and Voter's ID card. They took copies of it and took his signature. Please also ensure that the dates given in the PCC are correct. They made an error in one of the dates and we had to have it corrected which delayed the process a few more days.

Reactions: Billoo3108

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
This helps a lot.

Thanks again
This is a problem for a lot of NRIs whose passports have Indian addresses that are not occupied by their families. In my case, I was lucky that my parents live in the same address as that in my passport. And they've lived there for 30 years - so it was easy to give the two references from the locality which we have to provide in the PCC application form. My parents are above to move for good and if I had palnned to do my PCC sometime down the year, I imagine I would've had a major problem.

Sorry, I'm not really helping here.

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
So basically consulate gave you the same PCC , which you had got by applying online in passport seva kendra website for PCC, right ?

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
So basically consulate gave you the same PCC , which you had got by applying online in passport seva kendra website for PCC, right ?
Nope, the consulate took a quick look at the PCC we received from Delhi and provided their own letter on their letterhead.