+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC - Consulate sent a Nationality Verification Form

JenineJac

Mar 8, 2018
This is a problem for a lot of NRIs whose passports have Indian addresses that are not occupied by their families. In my case, I was lucky that my parents live in the same address as that in my passport. And they've lived there for 30 years - so it was easy to give the two references from the locality which we have to provide in the PCC application form. My parents are above to move for good and if I had palnned to do my PCC sometime down the year, I imagine I would've had a major problem.

Sorry, I'm not really helping here.
Hi Sidganesh,

Did you have to send your passport to India for your parents to get the PCC done on your behalf? I am living in Spain and the Embassy here doesn't provide a PCC they let me know, only a supplementary PCC based on one issues in India. Thanks for letting me know.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hi Sidganesh,

Did you have to send your passport to India for your parents to get the PCC done on your behalf? I am living in Spain and the Embassy here doesn't provide a PCC they let me know, only a supplementary PCC based on one issues in India. Thanks for letting me know.
I submitted my passport to the embassy and they directly issued a PCC within a few days. This PCC is a one-page document that states there is nothing in their records that will make the applicant unfit to be given a visa. I believe the process is similar in most countries but it appears Spain follows a different process. Typically the process is outsourced (usually VFS or IVS). Did you check with them?

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I have question regarding India PCC. I moved to USA on 2008 and after that I have not stayed in India for continuous 6 months but I use to stay for a month vacation, so my question is while applying for India PCC do I need to provide PCC before 2008 ? or from my recent visit date i.e. Dec 2016 to 2004 ( i.e 2004 I turned 18 years ). Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hi, I have question regarding India PCC. I moved to USA on 2008 and after that I have not stayed in India for continuous 6 months but I use to stay for a month vacation, so my question is while applying for India PCC do I need to provide PCC before 2008 ? or from my recent visit date i.e. Dec 2016 to 2004 ( i.e 2004 I turned 18 years ). Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
My Indian PCC (issued by Indian embassy) merely states that as on date there is nothing adverse about the applicant. It doesn't mention a period of stay in India.

MaddieS

May 22, 2018
Hi

I am planning on going to the Chicago Consulate for PCC. The website says no same day service. Should I bring a self addressed FedEx envelope just in case I do not get mine. I read many people got their PCC on the same day.

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi

I am planning on going to the Chicago Consulate for PCC. The website says no same day service. Should I bring a self addressed FedEx envelope just in case I do not get mine. I read many people got their PCC on the same day.
I recently applied my PCC in Chicago Consulate and I sent it by post. What they said is since my passport is issued in India, they need to send my information to indian passport office for verification, after they get reply from indian passport office then they will issue the certificate. Luckily I received my PCC within 2 weeks of time.

I sent it via usps priority mail and included return priority envelope.

Hope this helps.

MaddieS

May 22, 2018
I recently applied my PCC in Chicago Consulate and I sent it by post. What they said is since my passport is issued in India, they need to send my information to indian passport office for verification, after they get reply from indian passport office then they will issue the certificate. Luckily I received my PCC within 2 weeks of time.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, this helped, I got my PCC the same day.

afroze

Aug 19, 2015

Hope this helps.
Hi,

So you had police verification again or just Indian passport office verified and replied back ?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi,

So you had police verification again or just Indian passport office verified and replied back ?
My husband's permanent address on all the documents is the same..... but his parents sold the house to a family friend and have moved to their hometown for good. The indian consulate in atlanta have taken all the documents (not passport) and have told him that he will get his pcc in a week.
will there be a police verification at this address ???