+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate from India PSK

SantuDhua

Dec 30, 2021
Hi Friends - I have a plan to visit India(Home country) in January, 2023. For Canada PR PCC, if I book one appointment in India Passport Seva Kendra(PSK) while I visit India and get the PCC work done and bring the certificate with me when I return to Canada in March, will that PCC be valid for submitting in PR application?
I heard somewhere that if I leave the country(in my case India) it will be invalid.

Please suggest.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Friends - I have a plan to visit India(Home country) in January, 2023. For Canada PR PCC, if I book one appointment in India Passport Seva Kendra(PSK) while I visit India and get the PCC work done and bring the certificate with me when I return to Canada in March, will that PCC be valid for submitting in PR application?
I heard somewhere that if I leave the country(in my case India) it will be invalid.

Please suggest.
[/
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on

looking at this you should be ok

SantuDhua

Dec 30, 2021
Thank you Gaurav for the prompt reply. Really appreciate it.! I hope the PCC would work done in that way.

I would like to wait for other people’s experiences/thoughts as well .. Thanks in advance to all.!

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi Everyone
Applied for PCC from BLS Vancouver
We sent the docs thru Purolator on 11th Oct 2022
Our tracking status says PCC has been submitted.
What's the timeline looking like? Anyone who applied on 11th OCT 2022 for PCC
Our India police station is Bengaluru

How to get the real time status and what's the expected timeline
Your response is highly appreciated

soumsr

Jul 10, 2022
I applied for PCC in July and it took about 3 weeks to receive the PCC. You can track your status via the passport seva portal.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022

Please suggest.
If you plan to submit your application while in India, the PCC obtained from India will be valid. Otherwise India PCC will have to be obtained in Canada post your travels. IRCC website is not exactly clear on this requirement, but your PCC should cover your entire stay even if it's less than 6 months for country of origin travels.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I applied on 11th oct 2022 from bls vancouver.
When I track application it says pcc is submitted. Followed up with police station in Bengaluru and they are saying that the file is not received yet. What is the next course of action I can take?
I am left with 30 days only to submit the file.
How and where can I follow up to get this sorted.

Plz suggest

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I applied for PCC in July and it took about 3 weeks to receive the PCC. You can track your status via the passport seva portal.
Thank you for your reply. When i check the application status for PCC it says application is submitted. And thats the same from 11th of oct 2022
There is no change
Can you share the link here. Maybe I might be looking at a wrong one
Thank you

soumsr

Jul 10, 2022
Thank you for your reply. When i check the application status for PCC it says application is submitted. And thats the same from 11th of oct 2022
There is no change
Can you share the link here. Maybe I might be looking at a wrong one
Thank you
I tracked it here - https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
When the police verification request has been initiated, you will receive an email with the file number. It took about 10-12 days after submitting the application to receive the email

My timeline was similar to what is mentioned in this post - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/india-pcc-from-toronto.683390/page-282#post-10101892

If you don't receive the PCC by your deadline, you can attach a Letter of Explanation along with proof that you have submitted the application. If you do that, you will get an ADR once they start looking at your application.

hellogee

Oct 24, 2022
Hi Everyone
Applied for PCC from BLS Vancouver
We sent the docs thru Purolator on 11th Oct 2022
Our tracking status says PCC has been submitted.
What's the timeline looking like? Anyone who applied on 11th OCT 2022 for PCC
Our India police station is Bengaluru

How to get the real time status and what's the expected timeline
Your response is highly appreciated
I applied on 11th Oct 2022, my status is"no record found" What can I do as they are no picking up calls or not even replying to my tickets/emails?