waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-NOV-2015
LANDED..........
08-March-2016
HighFive said:
Hi SZ84, thank you very much for your input. I will definitely pass that info to a friend of mine today.

Dare I ask a few questions:
Did you get an original letter by DHL or scan copy was enough for CIC?
Was it made in Portuguese or English? where did you translate it in Canada if that letter was in Portuguese?
Did you give your friend Power of Attorney to represent you in Angola?

Thanks again!

1 - i received the original letter through a co worker who was in angola at that time and he carried it with him and delivered to my home address.
2 - i submitted the original to CIC, but it almost took 2 months for me to arrange all the PCC certificates, I wrote an email to CIC to extend the end date for PCC submission, which they did without any issues.
3 - PCC was in Portuguese and then my Angolan contact (friend) got it translated it into English from Angola (no stamp on the English translation though). the alternative is to get the PCC in portugeese and then take it to nearest Angolan embassy in your home country and they will do the translation for you (after you pay them a translation fee)
4 - i did not gave any power of attorney.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
I had a question as are we required to get PCC since being 18 or just 4 years preceding the application. CIC site says every country since being 18 so I may end up having to get 10 certificates..

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
nkam said:
I had a question as are we required to get PCC since being 18 or just 4 years preceding the application. CIC site says every country since being 18 so I may end up having to get 10 certificates..
See my post above. It is in response to your deleted post posing this query.

A citizenship applicant only needs to provide a certificate from a country in which the applicant spent six months or more (total) during the previous four years.

The instruction you quoted is for visa applicants. See specific instructions for citizenship applicants, in the checklist and in the Guide.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Thanks Depenabill for your explanation, which is as thorough as your most posts.

This makes much more sense because PRs have already obtained certificates from each country since being 18 and at the time it took me many months and travels just to request and collect the PCCs from many countries and make sure none expired at the time of applying. With you clarification I would need only one certificate from one country only.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SZ84 said:
1 - i received the original letter through a co worker who was in angola at that time and he carried it with him and delivered to my home address.
2 - i submitted the original to CIC, but it almost took 2 months for me to arrange all the PCC certificates, I wrote an email to CIC to extend the end date for PCC submission, which they did without any issues.
3 - PCC was in Portuguese and then my Angolan contact (friend) got it translated it into English from Angola (no stamp on the English translation though). the alternative is to get the PCC in portugeese and then take it to nearest Angolan embassy in your home country and they will do the translation for you (after you pay them a translation fee)
4 - i did not gave any power of attorney.
SZ84, do you remember where exactly your friend in Luanda requested the PCC? did they take 100$usd or kwanza equivalent? Thanks.

peripatetic

Jan 4, 2017
SZ84 said:
Hi Highfive,

i obtained Police clearance certificate form Angola last year.
the process is simple enough IF your friend still has a local contact in Angola.
in my case i sent copy of my passport, copies of last Angola work visa, sone passport size photo and PCC fee (USD: 100) to a local friend in Angola, who got this for me in about 2 weeks.
the local contact in Angola will take this to any police station who will check his name in the system and will issue him a Police Clarence certificate.
Hello SZ84 - great to hear you've had success in obtaining the PCC. Could this done as easy in Lobito as Luanda, or would one be easier. I have contacts in both, and am wondering which is the best path to talk. Also did you provide fingerprints?