+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

akshaykhurana

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hello Seniors,

I have been to US twice and total stay was 166 days which is less than 6 months.

As per CIC website PCC is only required if stay is more than 6 months.

I am not a primary applicant but few people suggesting to obtain FBI PCC to be on the safer side if asked at later stage.

I just wanted to know does it really required if CIC has clearly mentioned thta its not required.

I am expecting ITA tomorrow and if I apply FBI PCC now it will take atleast 3-4 months to receive.

Also, does anyone have similar case as mine and did they obtained FBI PCC even stay was less than 6 months.
Hi,
I just want to know that did you need FBI PCC as mine is also same case like you?

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Hello all,
I have started the process of my PR to Canada. I have a doubt regarding the pcc. I have been staying in Qatar for the last 8 months in business visa. One of my friend told me that in Qatar you can only get a PCC if you have a resident permit. Is any one having any idea regarding this? Has anyone faced this problem before?? Please help me out.
Same problem I am facing for Bahrain. Did you get Qatar PCC? How did you deal with that? Please suggest.

Vanessakh

Jan 10, 2019
Yea thats true. The reason I am little nervous is because I have seen lots of threads where people residing in qatar were rejected due to this issue. However in almost all these cases, people didnt realise it in time and didnt submit LoE. So LoE way gives me some hope but man its just delays it so much more
I am April AoR and my application is still not completed due to some reason or the other :(
Dear,
Can you please clarify what is LoE?

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hey guys,

Under have you visited/stayed in India after acquisition of landed status/foreign nationality, what should I mention? Currently, I have my Canadian post graduation work permit and I have not visited India for the past 1 year. In 2017, I was in India for few months, so do I need to mention my recent stay or should I leave it blank. I have to apply for my PCC in a couple of days and am stuck with that question.

I look forward to receiving your replies !

Harsh193

May 8, 2019
Hello
I have applied for PR and my question is I turned 18 in Canada and and since than I went India just for couple months so do I need PCC from India as I turned 18 in Canada?

Thank you

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hello
I have applied for PR and my question is I turned 18 in Canada and and since than I went India just for couple months so do I need PCC from India as I turned 18 in Canada?

Thank you
if your citizenship is Indian, they may still ask.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
But on the application it says they need PCC since the age of 18 so I came to Canada when I was 17 and turned 18 here
When you submit application, they wont ask, no, however, its not uncommon to ask for pcc from country of citizenship as an ADR (additional document required) at a later stage, no matter how short you have lived there. SO - if you like to be prepared ahead of time, id say just get one. Else you can wait and see if you`ll be asked for it.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Letter of explanation
Hi there, I saw you and your wife got PPR early this year and probably you guys already landed in Canada so big congratulations!

I just have a question... did you get a new PCC from Qatar for your wife? If so, how did you deal with the gap that will not be included in their PCC? What particular message should be included in the LOE? my husband submitted his covering only the time when his residency permit started, not including the time when he was still in business visa or from the time he landed in Qatar.. and I know that's how they release PCC there right... I was just worried if our application will be rejected right away because of that, I saw a lot of similar cases and sometimes these officers immediately reject it...

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi there, I saw you and your wife got PPR early this year and probably you guys already landed in Canada so big congratulations!

I just have a question... did you get a new PCC from Qatar for your wife? If so, how did you deal with the gap that will not be included in their PCC? What particular message should be included in the LOE? my husband submitted his covering only the time when his residency permit started, not including the time when he was still in business visa or from the time he landed in Qatar.. and I know that's how they release PCC there right... I was just worried if our application will be rejected right away because of that, I saw a lot of similar cases and sometimes these officers immediately reject it...

Hey there.

So sorry for the late reply. I did not get the required PCC from Qatar. I just submitted the older PCC and included a LoE wherein I explained that the ministry does not issue PCCs for people on tourist visa etc. I am pretty sure that CIC agents will be aware of this as we are not the first ones having this issue.
Your application wont be rejected as long as you include a LoE (keep it simple). I got accepted and I know others have as well.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, if you have ANY idea how to convert Qatar DL to Canadian let me know.

Fauzia1990

Aug 1, 2019
Just to give a background to my case, my wife Moutushi Roy Chowdhury is a Bangladeshi holding a Bangladeshi Passport. I seek your legal guidance regarding the PCC requirement for my wife.
Table below provides my Travel history
Travelling Country Start Date End Date Duration Visa Type
UK 13-May-14 8-Oct-14 148 C Visit
India 20-Apr-15 2-May-15 12 Tourist
India 2-Jan-15 29-Mar-15 86 Tourist
India 16-Oct-15 9-Nov-15 24 Medical Attendant
India 13-Jan-16 24-Mar-16 71 Medical Attendant
India 31-Mar-16 27-May-16 57 Tourist
India 27-May-16 26-May-17 364 Accompanying Spouse
India 27-May-17 26-May-18 364 Accompanying Spouse
UK 23-Dec-16 8-Jan-17 16 Tourist

As you can see, During the last 10 years, she has visited India and UK multiple times. During her stay in India, she visited the cities such as Kolkata and Gurgaon. Her stay from 2nd Jan to 9th Nov, have never been more the 6 months at one go and during this period she stayed in Kolkata and at her relative place. Post that she visited India on 13th Jan and got married on 17th Jan and after marriage she has been residing with me. Her visa got converted to Spouse visa on 27th May 2016. When I submit the CIC application I had given PCC from 27th May 2016 to Present but my PR application got rejected for bring incomplete. Here is the comments provided by CIC

“The Police certificate from India that you provided for your spouse, Moutushi Roy Chowdhury, with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period spent in India. You have indicated in your spouse address history that your spouse resided in India from 2016/01/13 to present”

Post rejection, I got the PCC certificate from 13th Jan 2016 to Present,

However, since her stay in India before that was less than 6 months and hence was not registered with Foreign Registration Office in India. I am facing difficulty in getting the certificate issued from 2nd Jan 2015- 9th Nov 2015. Can you please let me know if I will require the PCC certificate for the above timeframe.
Need clarity: Travel History for Past 10 years need to be shared post ITA for all the countries a person had visited.
Please refer below timeline and suggest Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirement for me as I worked in Qatar and Oman between 1st Feb 2008 to 10th Feb 2009.
India to Qatar: 1-Feb-2008
Qatar to Oman: 17-Apr-2008 {◆2.5 months stay in Qatar}
Oman to India: 4-Sep-2008 {◆4 months, 17 days in Oman}
India to Oman: 21-Sep-2008 {◆17 days in India)
Oman to Qatar: 19-Jan-2009 {◆4 months in Oman}
Qatar to India: 10-Feb-2009 {◆21 days in Qatar)

Please refer guidelines from Canadian Govt. on obtaining PCC with example:-
Online system will ask for a police certificate for:
and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
Examples of when to get a police certificate:
If you’re not sure if you need to get a police certificate, these examples may help you understand when you need one

Example A: 7-month stay 20 years ago

Feras is 45 years old. He worked in Turkey for 7 months when he was 25 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from Turkey.

Example B: Several short stays in another country

Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

I am seeking answer/ help for below mentioned both scenarios:
(1) Current I have completed almost 9 years & 4 months of my above quoted travel of Oman (4 months + 4.5 months stay duration). Now if I get ITA, then PCC is required from Oman stay?
(2) If I will delay the submission of Express Entry profile for 8 months and complete the 10 Years (over 10 years) travel window, then PCC for Oman is required for me?
I am facing the same challenge..

I am living in india since 12 July 2016 till date

However initial three months inwas on tourist visa , during that period i got married and converted my visa into X visa.

As inwas not registered under any FRRO during that period of three months as tourist i dod not get the PCC issued for those three months . Please suggest what can I do??

Fauzia1990

Aug 1, 2019
Im a little frightened, as we are in similar situation. My wife has been living mostly in India last 9 years yet the Delhi FRRO only gives PCC for last 9 months (since her last arrival). Their explanation is that her last absence from the country was over 2 months long, thus they cant give a certificate with earlier date. Later we tried to apply for separate periods, but our application was rejected flat out with given reason 'pcc already issued'.
I see no other way than to write a letter of explanation and have fingers and toes crossed.

How were you able to even request multiple certificates? The Delhi FRRO refused our request!
Hi, did you get a solution to this problem.

I am also unable tonget PCC for india issued for the time.period i was staying as tourist. Please let me know if LOE works...