+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
ABC -Canada said:
I have a question, when applying for a police certificate, does it apply to the main applicant and the spouse both? Can we have one for each, or just one for both?
Each individual needs their own PCC.

parihaa

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2016
Nomination.....
February 28, 2017
AOR Received.
August 16, 2016
Hi guys,

I submitted my application without the actual police certificate (but with evidence of having applied for it) a few days ago. But I got the police certificate today. I went online to update my application, but that doesn't seem possible? So what should I do at this point? Should I just want for CIC to contact me asking for the police certificates further in the process?

Thanks a lot!

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
I believe you need to raise a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) and upload the PCC through it.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
parihaa said:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application without the actual police certificate (but with evidence of having applied for it) a few days ago. But I got the police certificate today. I went online to update my application, but that doesn't seem possible? So what should I do at this point? Should I just want for CIC to contact me asking for the police certificates further in the process?

Thanks a lot!
Raise a CSE and upload it. Do not wait for them to get back to you.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
parihaa said:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

parihaa

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2016
Nomination.....
February 28, 2017
AOR Received.
August 16, 2016
Thanks a lot for your help, Maverick28 and astralsource!

Bogi

Jan 20, 2014
Bogi said:
Hi everyone,

I have two questions.

1. I'm a Hungarian citizen and had lived there my entire life until 2012 October when I moved to Toronto and have been on WP here since. I have visited Hungary 4 times since I left for a total of about 3.5 month. I have a police certificate from 2014. Can I use it for my current application? As I understand it should be dated after the date I left the country (2012) which it is (2014) so I think I should be fine?
My certificate does say on it that it is valid for 90 days however I believe that does not apply to Canadian Immigration but is for domestic purposes only?

2. I have been living in Canada since 2012 October. Do I need to get a certificate from here?

Thank you
Maverick28 said:
Did you visit Hungary after the Police Certificate was issued? If yes, then that certificate is not valid anymore and you will need to get a new one.
Thanks Maverick28, yes I did visit Hungary since but only for a couple of weeks. I have heard information on this topic suggesting that if I spend less than 6 months there since the certificate was issued then it should be fine. Do you think I have to get a new one?

Do you happen to know the answer to my other question that is as follows:
"I have been living in Canada since 2012 October. Do I need to get a certificate from here?"

Thanks a lot!

venm

May 4, 2017
Hi, i applied for pr under Express Entry, CEC Inland. got AOR on April 27th. i had pcc from dec 15/2016. i visited home country march to april. is my pcc still valid? do i need to get a new PCC? please advice somebody..

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venm said:
Hi, i applied for pr under Express Entry, CEC Inland. got AOR on April 27th. i had pcc from dec 15/2016. i visited home country march to april. is my pcc still valid? do i need to get a new PCC? please advice somebody..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Please I want o know! I went to my home country(Nigeria) for vacation in December and got PCC, and then returned to Saudi (country of residence), also got Saudi PCC and submitted.

Now some peeps on CV forum are saying it is not valid because I was in the country while I got PCC while some others are saying it doesn't matter. I checked cic website and you know how them be, it's not straightforward.

So I am advised by some that since I am in Saudi now, I should quickly get a new PCC sent from naija. Abeg guys is there anyone applying from outside naija that did same like me. What's the update. I dread rejection.

I don't want to get a new pcc now and go and put eye on an aspect that perhaps the VO was not even interested about??

PLS what do you guys suggest really??

Harry86CA

May 7, 2017
HI ,
you would only need Police clearance from:

1) Your country of Citizenship
2) Country you are residing now ( It should be at least 2-3 years)
Because if you go to any other country for 3 days ,commit a crime and manage to escape...
the local police department of that country will send the notification to your home country anyways which would automatically affect your Police clearance in your home country. Simple !!!
but if you visit a country which is questionable for example Syria, you would need a police clearance from that country ,and you may also have to upload an explanation letter which shows the purpose of the visit with proof.

I hope it helps

vasusood200

Oct 10, 2013
Amritsar,India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
Hello Folks,
I have one query regarding Police Clearance Certificate.
I already did my PCC when I came to Canada as a student and submitted it with online application, since than i have been living in Canada and its been more than 3 years, Now i am applying for Permanent Residency under express entry, so i still need to provide PCC from India?

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
Hi guys I have a question,

I stayed in Qatar from March 2014- March 2017. I have applied for Qatar PCC twice (one in October 2016 and another one in March 2017), but both PCC's did not cover my entire duration of stay because they said they only issue PCC from the date of your Residence Permit Registration (which is from May 2014- March 2017). I was on business visa from March- May 2014, and they cannot include in my PCC unless I have committed a crime in those dates. Will my PCC be valid for FSW application? Thank you in advance!

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi guys I have a question,

I stayed in Qatar from March 2014- March 2017. I have applied for Qatar PCC twice (one in October 2016 and another one in March 2017), but both PCC's did not cover my entire duration of stay because they said they only issue PCC from the date of your Residence Permit Registration (which is from May 2014- March 2017). I was on business visa from March- May 2014, and they cannot include in my PCC unless I have committed a crime in those dates. Will my PCC be valid for FSW application? Thank you in advance!
Do they have durations written? As long as a PCC says you don't have any crimes as of the date the PCC is issued, that should be fine really.

Reactions: teejchubbs

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
Do they have durations written? As long as a PCC says you don't have any crimes as of the date the PCC is issued, that should be fine really.
Yes they have. The PCC was dated from May 12,2014- March 14, 2017. My actual stay there is from March 17,2014- March 2017. Alright. Thank you! I am really worried on my Qatar PCC.