+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
​​​​​​​I applied on 26-02-2017, my time line says medical passed next step to do bg check. My wife is primarily applicant and we were married in 2009 and her PCC states that she is living in her current address from 2009 till now Feb 2017 and no crime and court cases etc, as a resident of Punjab India we need to get PCC from ssp office and her passport issued in 2014 of her same current address my question is someone told me I need PCC of my wife before 2009 as well , can this cause rejection what I do now ? Please help

harshul

Mar 30, 2017
Intocanada said:
Yes. PCC is required if you stay more than 6months in a country.
I have an another query, PCC is required for all the family members or only for the principle applicant as well as family members accompanying principle applicant?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
harshul said:
I have an another query, PCC is required for all the family members or only for the principle applicant as well as family members accompanying principle applicant?
Principle applicant plus dependent above 18 years of age. Accompanying or not does not matter.

april_itaapp

Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have two questions regarding this. Our government provides an online service for criminal records in English and produces a document with a barcode however online barcode verification system is not available in English.

Will it be ok or shall I seek regular stamped and signed versions?

Question #2 - I was an exchange student in Sweden after my 18th birthday but that was in 2005-2006. My Swedish visa was from 01.08.05 to 31.01.06, so it covers 6 months. However, I was there in between 21st of August to 13th of January, so it was 5 months. Do I have to mention this in my travel history (more than 10 years ago) and do I have to provide a police certificate from Sweden (less than 6 months of actual stay)?

ALY-AL

Apr 11, 2017
I'm also confused...
My checklist indicates "Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)", but I've never lived in another country for 6 months. I'm from Mexico, and I have been outside of Mexico for a year, but traveling to different countries, never spending more than four months in the same place. Does anyone know why it is asking for "multiple" documents?

Bogi

Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have two questions.

1. I'm a Hungarian citizen and had lived there my entire life until 2012 October when I moved to Toronto and have been on WP here since. I have visited Hungary 4 times since I left for a total of about 3.5 month. I have a police certificate from 2014. Can I use it for my current application? As I understand it should be dated after the date I left the country (2012) which it is (2014) so I think I should be fine?
My certificate does say on it that it is valid for 90 days however I believe that does not apply to Canadian Immigration but is for domestic purposes only?

2. I have been living in Canada since 2012 October. Do I need to get a certificate from here?

Thank you

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
I received my PCC from FBI. It has two pages - first page is blank with a huge emblem of FBI in the middle and my address at the bottom. The second page is the actual report. Should I scan both pages? or just the second page?
Thank you

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
last_try said:
do both the pages. its not going to harm you.
Hey, I scanned only the second page, that has actual report, and uploaded. Thats ok right??

Bogi

Jan 20, 2014
Anyone could help me out on these questions? I would really appreciate it.

Bogi said:
Hi everyone,

I have two questions.

1. I'm a Hungarian citizen and had lived there my entire life until 2012 October when I moved to Toronto and have been on WP here since. I have visited Hungary 4 times since I left for a total of about 3.5 month. I have a police certificate from 2014. Can I use it for my current application? As I understand it should be dated after the date I left the country (2012) which it is (2014) so I think I should be fine?
My certificate does say on it that it is valid for 90 days however I believe that does not apply to Canadian Immigration but is for domestic purposes only?

2. I have been living in Canada since 2012 October. Do I need to get a certificate from here?

Thank you

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Bogi said:
Anyone could help me out on these questions? I would really appreciate it.
Did you visit Hungary after the Police Certificate was issued? If yes, then that certificate is not valid anymore and you will need to get a new one.

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi,

I am from India and have lived in Germany for 5 months (From 20 Feb 2014 to 20 July 2014), which equals to 5 months. Do i need PCC for it?
In profile application, does CIC ask for actual dates like DD/MM/YYYY or just MM/YYYY. Because in second case, most systems will count both Feb and July and make it as 6 months.

If yes, can pls someone guide me how to obtain PCC from Germany when I dont know anyone there now.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
I have a question, when applying for a police certificate, does it apply to the main applicant and the spouse both? Can we have one for each, or just one for both?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
ABC -Canada said:
I have a question, when applying for a police certificate, does it apply to the main applicant and the spouse both? Can we have one for each, or just one for both?
As far as I know it's one each