+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
If i will get pcc from my home country which am not staying in now then leave and the pcc date is less than 6 month will it be accepted

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ej_010101 said:
Does this means I have to go to Japan to obtain a clearance for a time period almost 7 years ago?
Is there any some sort of letter or document that can be alternatively used on this.?
If I were you, I would be ready to get PCC from Japan.
BUT for this you do not need to go to Japan, you just need to contact the Japanese embassy in your country.
Moreover, you have to do it only after you are asked by CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/japan.asp
"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate."

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I seem to be in a grey area regarding one of my police clearances and not sure how to deal with it. Im open to suggestions at this point:
My situation:
1. Was a citizen of a country A, until 2010.
2. Havent resided or lived in country A since the age of 8.
3. Visited off and on through my life with a cumulative total of more than 183 days(6 months) since turning 18.
4. Since relinquishing citizenship of country A in 2010, i visited for a total of 70 days (thats over the span of almost 7 years).

I applied for a police clearance at the local consulate, and they informed me that they can only provide one for the time i was a citizen, as i was not a "resident"(no stay exceeded 180 days) after giving up citizenship.

I asked them if they could provide a letter stating the reason they cannot provide one past 2010, and they refused to oblige.

So im not sure what to do at this point regarding CIC. Suggestions anyone?

VO18

Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has seen/done this before.

I was 19 when I left my home country, so therefore I need a police clearance. I requested it from embassy here in Ontario but it takes A LOOOONG time-might be upto 6 months. So I summited my application with LOE and receipts showing I have sent my request and proof of payment (draft payable to the embassy) . In the letter I explained that it takes months.
Has anyone seen this before? Now I am questioning my decision....

Thanks.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VO18 said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has seen/done this before.

I was 19 when I left my home country, so therefore I need a police clearance. I requested it from embassy here in Ontario but it takes A LOOOONG time-might be upto 6 months. So I summited my application with LOE and receipts showing I have sent my request and proof of payment (draft payable to the embassy) . In the letter I explained that it takes months.
Has anyone seen this before? Now I am questioning my decision....

Thanks.
i have heard about it... but these cases were in US where FBI takes a long long time to issue PCC... not sure which country you are from...

well you did the best you could, obviously your application wont move forward without this PCC but atleast for now you are out of the pool...

good luck for the journey mate

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
hi guys,

is there someone here in the forum that needs to get a pcc from middle east? we've worked in Kuwait for 2 yrs. The police there required a fingerprint of us to process out pcc. To make the story short we will not be able to get one.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
LOVK said:
hi guys,

is there someone here in the forum that needs to get a pcc from middle east? we've worked in Kuwait for 2 yrs. The police there required a fingerprint of us to process out pcc. To make the story short we will not be able to get one.

How to Get a Police Certificate – Kuwait

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence?
No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Good Conduct Certificate

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

It is possible it will take longer than 60 days to process a police certificate request for non-Kuwaiti citizens. If you require a police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply.

You or your representative must bring:

The letter from the Embassy of Canada requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
A copy of the passport you used in Kuwait
A copy of your old or expired resident visa in Kuwait
Two photographs (4 × 6 cm)
Applicable fees

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone got a UK PCC who is currently not residing in UK?

I have a question regarding dispatch/delivery of PCC to applicant address. However, on their site it states

The Standard and Premium service fees include 1st class postage to a UK address or standard airmail to an overseas address.

What if I want them to send it via DHL or Fedex so that I can track my PCC during delivery? I fear the local Post office won't deliver or misplace my PCC.

Thanks and cheers!

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
syeduzairhaider said:
Anyone got a UK PCC who is currently not residing in UK?

I have a question regarding dispatch/delivery of PCC to applicant address. However, on their site it states

The Standard and Premium service fees include 1st class postage to a UK address or standard airmail to an overseas address.

What if I want them to send it via DHL or Fedex so that I can track my PCC during delivery? I fear the local Post office won't deliver or misplace my PCC.

Thanks and cheers!
If you have received your ITA, then opt for premium service and UK PCC will be delivered to you at your doorstep within just 4 working days anywhere across the world. You just need to upload the address proof of the address where you want the delivery.

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
If you have received your ITA, then opt for premium service and UK PCC will be delivered to you at your doorstep within just 4 working days anywhere across the world. You just need to upload the address proof of the address where you want the delivery.
Yup receiced my ita 2 weeks back.

Have you also got UK PCC?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
syeduzairhaider said:
Yup receiced my ita 2 weeks back.

Have you also got UK PCC?
Yes, that was in Aug. 2015. I resided there between 2007 to 2009.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
hi,
I have resided in different cities in my country... Do i have to contact and make PCC from each city or only from my parent city??

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
sami726 said:
hi,
I have resided in different cities in my country... Do i have to contact and make PCC from each city or only from my parent city??
One country one PCC. You need to contact some Govt. authority in your country which issues PCC for the whole country. e.g. if you stay in India, then Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) will issue this PCC for India.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
sushsmart15 said:
One country one PCC. You need to contact some Govt. authority in your country which issues PCC for the whole country. e.g. if you stay in India, then Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) will issue this PCC for India.
Thanks for your guidance.i contacted my local district police.. they told me that only PCC from your parent district is enough..As this is my permanent address and parent district so if i did anything wrong anywhere in my country my local police would be informed for that...BTW there is no such govt authority in Pakistan..

TryingLuck

Feb 22, 2017
I am writing this with a hope of you giving me some way out to this ongoing problem of PCC from China.

Let me give you a brief history :

In 2006 from May-Nov , i was sent for a training by my then company say xxxx to China in collabaration with a Chinese company say YYYY Group
We were trained there for 6 months under this Chinese company and we were made to stay in the hotel that belong to YYYY group only. I have the certificate issued for training by this Chinese company .

Since things didn go well with XXXX and i had to leave the organization without getting the actual relieving purpose
Now Since i stayed there for exact 6 months , i have to show PCC from China.

Required Documents for China Police Check

Passport
Photo page.
All Chinese residence permit / Chinese visa pages.
All Chinese entry/exit stamp pages.
Graduation Certificate(When applicant had student visa in China)
Employment Permit (When applicant had working visa in China)
Registration Form Of Temporary Residence
Letter of Authorization
I went to China on Visa Type of F , it is neither Student Visa nor Working Visa. So instead of Graduation Certificate/Work Permit I can show our Training Certificate
But I also need to Show Police Registration in yellow paper (then) / Registration Form of Temporary Residence (now) . We were not asked to go to any Police Station for the registration , in fact the rule says If you stay in a hotel, then you are automatically registered when you check in. i.e. it is the responsibility of the hotel to get the registration done.

Now when i tried to contact the hotel , i came to know that hotel is not operational anymore . I cannot contact my then Indian company because of obvious reasons. I have tried with many agents in China but all of them are saying that without Resident Proof , it is almost impossible to get PCC.
I tried connecting with my Trainer who was a Chinese but She has also left the organization and has moved to another city. She has agreed to drop a mail to YYYY group explaining my situation .

But all this is looking very difficult and not so positive.

Please suggest what can be done as time is passing by and i canot see anything fruitful happening on this front