Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends
Greetings!

I am in a bit of stress in relation to PCC. I lived in Ireland for 7.5 years. I left in September 2015 and came home. The last week before i left, i applied for the PCC and hoping i would get it before i leave cos the couple of times i applied before i got it in 3 working days. I did email inquiry after i left and i was told there is no record of my application and if i send the detail it will be dealt. I didn't bother as i thought i would be only valid for 1 year. Little did i know it would be valid indefinitely after your last visit.

Now i send the email inquiry and i have not received any answer. I know the actual procedure is to take the hand written application. My biggest worry is when i left ireland, i left with some 460 euros unpaid in my credit card bills and didn't bother terminating my mobile contract either as it would have cost me 200 euros. I came to realize long time after that i racked up huge mobile bill for using internet while returning. Will this cause any harm to my PCC from Ireland? Regardless i get a clean PCC i will contact the bank and make the installment plan to start paying my credit card debt with the help of my brother-in-law who lives in Spain. It is needed or else i won't be eligible for credit card for life. However the mobile bill is so huge, i cannot pay it.

I did as much research as i could but mostly found that since it is the civil case it will not appear in my PCC. But if it does i will have to talk to the mobile company and make the arrangement as well. Cannot let my carelessness cost me an opportunity for Canadian PR as i am getting closer and closer. Trying since 2014, appearing for IELTS again on 4th March, studying French as well. Honestly its been too much work but i am still trying in hope.

Can somebody give me their insight please? I would appreciate it very much. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
KK

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
KingKurly said:
Dear Friends
Greetings!

I am in a bit of stress in relation to PCC. I lived in Ireland for 7.5 years. I left in September 2015 and came home. The last week before i left, i applied for the PCC and hoping i would get it before i leave cos the couple of times i applied before i got it in 3 working days. I did email inquiry after i left and i was told there is no record of my application and if i send the detail it will be dealt. I didn't bother as i thought i would be only valid for 1 year. Little did i know it would be valid indefinitely after your last visit.

Now i send the email inquiry and i have not received any answer. I know the actual procedure is to take the hand written application. My biggest worry is when i left ireland, i left with some 460 euros unpaid in my credit card bills and didn't bother terminating my mobile contract either as it would have cost me 200 euros. I came to realize long time after that i racked up huge mobile bill for using internet while returning. Will this cause any harm to my PCC from Ireland? Regardless i get a clean PCC i will contact the bank and make the installment plan to start paying my credit card debt with the help of my brother-in-law who lives in Spain. It is needed or else i won't be eligible for credit card for life. However the mobile bill is so huge, i cannot pay it.

I did as much research as i could but mostly found that since it is the civil case it will not appear in my PCC. But if it does i will have to talk to the mobile company and make the arrangement as well. Cannot let my carelessness cost me an opportunity for Canadian PR as i am getting closer and closer. Trying since 2014, appearing for IELTS again on 4th March, studying French as well. Honestly its been too much work but i am still trying in hope.

Can somebody give me their insight please? I would appreciate it very much. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
KK
It depends if they tried to take you to court or not. If they did and you didn't appear you may have a conviction against your name. When did you leave this bill unpaid and why did you think this was acceptable?

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Was applying for PCC in India. It asks - 'Which country you want PCC for?", and India itself is not an option. I guess it asks for which country wants this PCC from you. Am I right??

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
It depends if they tried to take you to court or not. If they did and you didn't appear you may have a conviction against your name. When did you leave this bill unpaid and why did you think this was acceptable?
I don't know if they tried to take it to the court. My housemate who still lives in the last address told me earlier this week there was a letter from debt collector few months back. From what i have learned, even it has gone to the court, it goes to the civil court and doesn't impact the PCC as it only covers crime cases, i guess. I left in September 2015.

I don't think it is acceptable. That is why i will contact the bank and try to make an agreement for the monthly or weekly payment plan. Since it is not that big of an amount. I left with sadness cos i had to break-up with my girlfriend in order to return back home. So i guess i wasn't thinking straight.

Regards
KK

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
jtoc said:
Was applying for PCC in India. It asks - 'Which country you want PCC for?", and India itself is not an option. I guess it asks for which country wants this PCC from you. Am I right??
The answer is Canada

ej_010101

Jul 31, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Goodmorning.

Need some help in here.

CIC requires a police clearance if you have stayed for more than 6 months in foreign country.

I stayed in Japan for 181 days (Sept 21 to March 20) for work purposes. Less than two days to be considered 6 months. Does this means I have to go to the trouble of going to Japan and request for this police clearance?

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

ej_010101

Jul 31, 2016
Hello Guys.

Need Some Help Here.

I stayed in Japan for 181 (September 2010 to March 2010) days for work purposes. Two days less to be considered 6 months.

CIC requires some kind of police clearance if you stayed for atleast a month on a foreign country. They haven't informed me yet if this is really necessary. But just in case they notify me,

Does this means I have to go to Japan to obtain a clearance for a time period almost 7 years ago?
Is there any some sort of letter or document that can be alternatively used on this.?

Hope to get your advice.

Thanks

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ej_010101 said:
Hello Guys.

Need Some Help Here.

I stayed in Japan for 181 (September 2010 to March 2010) days for work purposes. Two days less to be considered 6 months.

CIC requires some kind of police clearance if you stayed for atleast a month on a foreign country. They haven't informed me yet if this is really necessary. But just in case they notify me,

Does this means I have to go to Japan to obtain a clearance for a time period almost 7 years ago?
Is there any some sort of letter or document that can be alternatively used on this.?

Hope to get your advice.

Thanks
Isn't there a way to get it online like sending fingerprints and stuff? Even though it is a bit less than 6 months I would play safe and get the PCC.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anybody tell me here the method of getting it along with the documents required?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Fly2Can said:
Can anybody tell me here the method of getting it along with the documents required?
Which country?

Take a look at the below link -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

If you are talking about Indian PCC, then get it from PSK.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi guys,

Last time I got my FBI PCC done, it got rejected due to low quality of fingerprints. I am going to try sending them again now. I have couple of questions.

1) If I send 2 sets of fingerprints, then will I need to pay $18.00 * 2 fees? Meaning, as many fingerprint cards I send I have to pay fee or how many reports I want based on that I have to pay the fee. I require only ONE report. But I want to send 2 or more sets of fingerprints, just so that there is no problem this time onwards with the quality.

2) My timeline for receiving the FBI PCC report last time was as follows:-
FBI Received courier on 7th Oct, 2016
Credit Card swiped on 20th Nov, 2016
Received Report courier on 16th Dec, 2016

This time I am thinking of getting it delivered to the U.S. postal address of my brother. He can then send it to me through FedEx or something and it will reach me quicker. This is what I think. What do guys think, will this be a quicker way to get the report to India from USA? Do they deliver quickly to the U.S. postal address?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
Hi guys,

Last time I got my FBI PCC done, it got rejected due to low quality of fingerprints. I am going to try sending them again now. I have couple of questions.

1) If I send 2 sets of fingerprints, then will I need to pay $18.00 * 2 fees? Meaning, as many fingerprint cards I send I have to pay fee or how many reports I want based on that I have to pay the fee. I require only ONE report. But I want to send 2 or more sets of fingerprints, just so that there is no problem this time onwards with the quality.

2) My timeline for receiving the FBI PCC report last time was as follows:-
FBI Received courier on 7th Oct, 2016
Credit Card swiped on 20th Nov, 2016
Received Report courier on 16th Dec, 2016

This time I am thinking of getting it delivered to the U.S. postal address of my brother. He can then send it to me through FedEx or something and it will reach me quicker. This is what I think. What do guys think, will this be a quicker way to get the report to India from USA? Do they deliver quickly to the U.S. postal address?
1) $18 fee is per applicant. So doesn't matter how many sets for each applicant you send.
2) It will make a difference of a week or so if you give Indian address. It takes 1-2 weeks for US address and 2-3 weeks for Indian delivery address.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
mukulabd said:
1) $18 fee is per applicant. So doesn't matter how many sets for each applicant you send.
2) It will make a difference of a week or so if you give Indian address. It takes 1-2 weeks for US address and 2-3 weeks for Indian delivery address.
Thank you for the quick response.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ej_010101 said:
Hello Guys.

Need Some Help Here.

Hope to get your advice.

Thanks
i think 180 days is considered as 6 months, not 183... even if its not, i would still say you should apply for PCC

good luck

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ej_010101 said:
Hello Guys.

Need Some Help Here.

Hope to get your advice.

Thanks
thestunner316 said:
i think 180 days is considered as 6 months, not 183... even if its not, i would still say you should apply for PCC

good luck
Agreed! Better safe than sorry because the R10 check is cold and soulless.