+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance+apostille

sobol

Dec 4, 2008
Dear members,
We have to access the police clearance from Ukraine (we are living outside Ukraine now). Do you know if the apostille is required by CIC? Do you know what is the best way to access this document - by contacting the consulate directly or through advocates, for example?
Thanks a lot.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
For Police clearance, please contact your consulate/embaasy of Ukraine in the country you are currently residing. They will issue Police clearance for Ukraine. And for "apostilee" I don't have any idea as I heard this name for the first time..

All the best

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sobol said:
Dear members,
We have to access the police clearance from Ukraine (we are living outside Ukraine now). Do you know if the apostille is required by CIC? Do you know what is the best way to access this document - by contacting the consulate directly or through advocates, for example?
Thanks a lot.
Here are the instructions:

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should provide a notarized authorization (Doruchennya) to a representative to apply to the regional militia office on the applicant’s behalf with the request letter from the Canadian visa office. Foreign nationals no longer residing in the Ukraine should inquire about procedures and applicable fees at the nearest Ukrainian embassy or consular office.

PMM

C

cchabert

PCHC said:
For Police clearance, please contact your consulate/embaasy of Ukraine in the country you are currently residing. They will issue Police clearance for Ukraine. And for "apostilee" I don't have any idea as I heard this name for the first time..

All the best
Apostille is also a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents. Documents which have been notarized by a notary public, and certain other documents, and then certified with a conformant apostille are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille

Smartua

Aug 9, 2015
When my family emmigrated from Ukraine (in 2016) apostille was not neede by CIC. Our university sent our diplomas directly to WES without any apostille. However, as I applied for education in Canada, World Education Services changed requirements and apostille became a must.

My personal recommendation (in case you plan to continue education or certification in Canada), get an apostille at once. Otherwise, you will spend time, effort and extra money big time to get it from within Canada.