+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance after PR Visa

Shrestha

Jun 30, 2010
Dear all,

I would like to know that do we need to get new police clearance certificate again before departing to Canada from the country of living?

Thanks,
Shrestha.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Shrestha said:
Dear all,

I would like to know that do we need to get new police clearance certificate again before departing to Canada from the country of living?

Thanks,
Shrestha.
If you mean after getting PR & before landing; then mostly no; as visa office does security check before issuing PR.
But in extreme (rare) case, if visa office asks for same or any other document or any other formality; we are obliged to do that.

Shrestha

Jun 30, 2010
Thanks Pooja for quick response. Yeah, I have got the visa, and will be flying very soon. I heard that, we need to get police clearance again before departing, as officer in airport might ask the police record between the date of submitting full document to CHC and departing date.

Shrestha.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
someone has misleaded you...unless your country is the number 1 crime country in the world such that every good person also will get into crime knowlingly / unknowling and get a polic record ;D

Just kidding......

To my knowledge there is no requirement as u said...seniors please advice if this is applicable for certain countries

sanjayadav

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no dear no need for any police certificate...don,t be afraid...at the airport they have all your information.
have a nice journey.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Once they have access to your criminal record, any updates between visa issue and landing is sent to CIC.

I know of cases where someone has been issued a visa but committed a crime before landing and the IO at landing has refused the visa and sent them back.

Very rare but in can happen, so no the IO does need a police record when landing, they know everything already.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Shrestha said:
Thanks Pooja for quick response. Yeah, I have got the visa, and will be flying very soon. I heard that, we need to get police clearance again before departing, as officer in airport might ask the police record between the date of submitting full document to CHC and departing date.

Shrestha.
no need to have a new police clearance. never heard the immigration officer at the port of entry asking for a new police clearance from the landing immigrant.