+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Checks from US for Japanese

cabinessence

Feb 24, 2011
First time poster here and thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help.

I recently got married in Japan and will be sponsoring my wife to come to Canada.
One of the requirements is the police certificate, for which seems pretty straight forward for Japan.
She studied for one year at university in Floriday when she was 21 so from what I understand needs to provide an FBI
Criminal Record check as well. On the form that needs to be filled out, one of the required fields is to provide your Social
Security Number, which as a student on a J-1 visa she didn't have.

If anyone can help with some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cabinessence said:
First time poster here and thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help.

I recently got married in Japan and will be sponsoring my wife to come to Canada.
One of the requirements is the police certificate, for which seems pretty straight forward for Japan.
She studied for one year at university in Floriday when she was 21 so from what I understand needs to provide an FBI
Criminal Record check as well. On the form that needs to be filled out, one of the required fields is to provide your Social
Security Number, which as a student on a J-1 visa she didn't have.

If anyone can help with some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.
You leave it blank. or write none