+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CHECKS FOR SPOUSAL APPLICATION

javicanada

Jan 6, 2013
Hello, I have a question for all the members.

I got married to my wife in dec 2013. I am PR and she was on a study permit. In March of 2014 We have submitted an inland application (all required docs were sent including original police certificates) however after reviewing the time of processing for inland my wife and I decided to withdraw the application and apply outland. She is back home now trying to get a new original police certificate since I was told that the previously submitted will not be returned.

My question is:

Should I send the application with a copy of the previous certificate while I am getting the new one? Would CIC return my application or will ask me for the original? I am hoping that we can save some time by doing this.

Thanks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Your police certificate must be valid. Sending an application without the valid documents will just result in them sending the application back to you.

It is annoying but make sure everything is right in your application, otherwise you are just wasting your own time.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I applied outland...my lawyer suggested we submit all PCC during STAGE 2......bcos PCC is not required until the stage 2 of the process. I am not sure about the withdrawal of your first application. did you get SA etc...or does that even matter or not....

But since PCC is only required at the stage 2, you can include a letter saying that you have applied for PCC and you will submit it as soon as you receive it. You could also include the fee paid receipt as prooof of you applying... APPLICATION WONT BE RETURNED - your VO will just ask for fees paid and PCC at a later stage. you can submit directly to VO. Please check with VO that that is the case.

Just saying this because STAGE 1 take 56 days to clear these days....you are adding 30 days more to the process...

Good luck..

javicanada said:
Hello, I have a question for all the members.

I got married to my wife in dec 2013. I am PR and she was on a study permit. In March of 2014 We have submitted an inland application (all required docs were sent including original police certificates) however after reviewing the time of processing for inland my wife and I decided to withdraw the application and apply outland. She is back home now trying to get a new original police certificate since I was told that the previously submitted will not be returned.

My question is:

Should I send the application with a copy of the previous certificate while I am getting the new one? Would CIC return my application or will ask me for the original? I am hoping that we can save some time by doing this.

Thanks