+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check

CB1995

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
if i provided a police check to come to Canada at the beginning of my work visa and I havent left Canada in the 2 years, will I need to provide a police check from my home country or just Canada to apply for spousal sponsorship inland?

How long does it take to get a police check sent to me?

Thanks as always

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
From every country youve been living in for more than 6 months, except Canada (IRCC will check it directly with the police) even if youve sent it with your WP you need to send it again
How long? depend on the country. Some days some months.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
if i provided a police check to come to Canada at the beginning of my work visa and I havent left Canada in the 2 years, will I need to provide a police check from my home country or just Canada to apply for spousal sponsorship inland?

How long does it take to get a police check sent to me?

Thanks as always
You must get one from each country or territory where youhave lives for six (6)or kore months in a row since the age of 18. The certificate must be issued no more than three (3) months before you apply.

You may also check:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/checks.asp

CB1995

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Thanks! I don’t see anything about how long it will take to get to me but I think it will get to me after my current visa ends. Is there any way around the wait so I can send my application before it’s too late?

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Your question is not clear. How long to get the certificate? again its depend. Contact the relevant police and ask.
An no you cant sent your app without police certificate. They will send it back. (unless its a requirement of the country that IRCC will ask for the certificate and then you have to send your app first. check the link youve got for instructions)