+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check when applying for a work permit (refugee claimant)

MariaUrbaneja

Dec 20, 2017
Hello, I’m trying to apply for my work permit.
I’ve claim refugee status and I already did my medical examination.
I’m trying to apply for my work permit online, once I’m at the CIC the page ask me to upload a few documents, 2 of this ones is my digital picture and the police check from my country and Canada.
Do I need to submit those documents if I want to apply for my work permit online?
Thanks

tonny123

Dec 20, 2017
AM Andrew, i applied in sweden for asylum and i was denied my application.I decided voluntarily to leave the country by myself. The reason for denial was i changed my name by using national identification for Rwanda when i was Ugandan. but on traveling i used my country passport which is Uganda. in sweden i used rwandan nationa ID as rwandese later they refused because of identification.

QN. Am in canada, i have submitted my application again, but am worried on what to say about my over stay of Sweden in my passport ? should i say about my asylum application in Sweden? and if yes ! wont that bring many questions or reason for denial?

QN2. Can they access my asylum case since i used different names in Sweden but the same date of birth in my both passport or Rwandan ID card

QN3. if i become genuine about the reason for my dinial was false identification cant they bring serious problem to my application??

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hello, I’m trying to apply for my work permit.
I’ve claim refugee status and I already did my medical examination.
I’m trying to apply for my work permit online, once I’m at the CIC the page ask me to upload a few documents, 2 of this ones is my digital picture and the police check from my country and Canada.
Do I need to submit those documents if I want to apply for my work permit online?
Thanks

you need to upload you picture . no need for police check

what you need to attack is your passport copy
your welfare slip
also before you apply online. first call your medical center and check if your medical result is sent to CIC. as if you apply before you will get refusal.

good luck !

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
AM Andrew, i applied in sweden for asylum and i was denied my application.I decided voluntarily to leave the country by myself. The reason for denial was i changed my name by using national identification for Rwanda when i was Ugandan. but on traveling i used my country passport which is Uganda. in sweden i used rwandan nationa ID as rwandese later they refused because of identification.

QN. Am in canada, i have submitted my application again, but am worried on what to say about my over stay of Sweden in my passport ? should i say about my asylum application in Sweden? and if yes ! wont that bring many questions or reason for denial?

QN2. Can they access my asylum case since i used different names in Sweden but the same date of birth in my both passport or Rwandan ID card

QN3. if i become genuine about the reason for my dinial was false identification cant they bring serious problem to my application??
So far I know they check ur background with fingerprints.so there is a big chance to get cought! Better u explain everything on ur BOC.that will save u.

asylum_seeker

Dec 13, 2017

the overstay is not a problem. the previous asylum is not a big issue and since it was not granted you are clear on that regard. However, failing to mention these facts and your previous travel history could jeopardize your case in Canada and even if approved somehow you would still be subject to vacation of your status and deportation anytime in the future even after attaining citizenship.

What I would recommend is list all the facts and mention refusal of previous asylum application and cite the reason as identification, no need to put more details unless asked. Legally speaking your previous misrepresentation regarding nationality will not disqualify you since you done it in Sweden and not Canada, however it may still cast doubt on your credibility during the hearing that is if your case isn't strong to begin with. If you have a good explanation then don't worry.

MariaUrbaneja

Dec 20, 2017
Do i need to attach welfare slip? how do i get that?
can somebody please provide the link to apply online? it always direct me to the express entry aplication.
Thanks