+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police check from Colombia without being colombian!!!

morenogen

Nov 15, 2016
Im apliying for permanent residency throughout Express Entry and they request me a police check from Colombia. I followed all the intructions in they CIC web to gather that Police check through a company call G4S...my concern is that this company send this police check to the Canadian Embassy in Bogota, Colombia and this embassy its supposed to send it to the office that its taking care of my application in Canada.
I would like to know if there is someone in my case and had passed all this process of this colombian police check successfully....because i have no way to check where is this document....
I will aprecciate your comments and help
thank you...

morenogen

Nov 15, 2016
i do and they told they already sent the document to the office of the Canadian embassy in Bogota ....but its all i can know....there is no more feedback from them....i just want to make sure that the document is on time(6th of January) in the office that is taking care of my application and it is translated. Im getting a little bit worried....
Anybody have use G4S for a Background police check in colombia?
Please help...

morenogen

Nov 15, 2016
Another question I have is....Is it normal that they ask for a Police background check of a country which im not and never was a resident, just went there to visit my family, vacations....????

afga1989

Feb 17, 2017
Hi morenogen, i just saw your post and i am in a similar situation. Did the office taking care of your application receive the Document from G4S?.... Also, on my express entry checklist its asks me to upload police certificates from colombia, what should i upload here if the document is being sent directly from the agency to the visa office? Will this document be translated to english already? I contacted the other agency listed in the website but they say they will not provide copies to me.

Thank you so much for your help in advance

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
morenogen said:
Im apliying for permanent residency throughout Express Entry and they request me a police check from Colombia. I followed all the intructions in they CIC web to gather that Police check through a company call G4S...my concern is that this company send this police check to the Canadian Embassy in Bogota, Colombia and this embassy its supposed to send it to the office that its taking care of my application in Canada.
I would like to know if there is someone in my case and had passed all this process of this colombian police check successfully....because i have no way to check where is this document....
I will aprecciate your comments and help
thank you...
Hey I am new to this forum. How did this go for you? Were you able to check if they had sent your PCC to Candian Embassy? How long did it take them? Also at what stage in your application you were supposed to submit this?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

morenogen said:
Another question I have is....Is it normal that they ask for a Police background check of a country which im not and never was a resident, just went there to visit my family, vacations....????
1. Yes, if you have spent 6 months or more since turning 18 in that country.

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hi morenogen, i just saw your post and i am in a similar situation. Did the office taking care of your application receive the Document from G4S?.... Also, on my express entry checklist its asks me to upload police certificates from colombia, what should i upload here if the document is being sent directly from the agency to the visa office? Will this document be translated to english already? I contacted the other agency listed in the website but they say they will not provide copies to me.

Thank you so much for your help in advance
When were you requested to provide this i.e. at what stage? What was the outcome?

afga1989

Feb 17, 2017
When were you requested to provide this i.e. at what stage? What was the outcome?
I just received a letter asking me to request police certificates from Colombia, i had already done it with my application so i am contacting the agency to confirm where was the certificate sent.

AOR: April 4 2017
Police Check request: June 2 2017

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
I just received a letter asking me to request police certificates from Colombia, i had already done it with my application so i am contacting the agency to confirm where was the certificate sent.

Received the request yesterday to submit pcc. What is your BG status currently? Did you go through G4S or Omni?

b_maclel

Jul 20, 2017
Hi, I am in the process of helping my American fiance get a Colombian police check in order to get his PR in Canada. He lived in Colombia for a few years working at an International School, but he doesn't speak Spanish well. The service providers only provide service in Spanish which is making things hard. The only thing we were able to do was have them help us get a web based police check, which isn't what CIC wants. Once we had the web based police check translated we realized they gave us one for the wrong person. Did any of you have any trouble with this? We are having a great deal of difficulty and wondering if there are any tips you can give us because CIC hasn't been that accommodating. Are you all fluent in Spanish? How did you get around that if not? Thanks in advance!

b_maclel

Jul 20, 2017

Did the letter give instructions on how to obtain the certificates from Colombia? Or an invitation letter to give to the agency? All I received was an email saying I should obtain a police check and a link to the CIC page on police checks.

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015
Hi @b_maclel @BienCanada @afga1989 @morenogen

I was wondering wheter any of you can share any updates as to this procedure. I'm a Venezuelan living in Colombia and was asked for a PCC from Colombia. I chose Omni as the company to deliver our PCCs and sent CIC the email and payment confirmation on July 12, and ever since, nothing has happened in our profile.

Can you share your experience? I'm getting a little bit worried! I also read another thread of someone asking how our PCCs will be considered valid if they are issued in Spanish, so I'm freaking out.

Any advice will be appreciated!

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
question guys they ask to have it in english or french but they send directly the police record to the embassy in spanish

anybody on this to help me ?