+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates

dwthomson

Dec 9, 2009
Hello,

My wife and I in the process of applying for PR through a spouse visa.

We currently live in Scotland and when I was 23 I back-packed around Australia for 12 months.

Do i have to still get a police certificate for Australia even if i cannot prove a permanent address while i was there?

Thanks...

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because you spent over 6 months there you have to get a police certificate.

dwthomson said:
Hello,

My wife and I in the process of applying for PR through a spouse visa.

We currently live in Scotland and when I was 23 I back-packed around Australia for 12 months.

Do i have to still get a police certificate for Australia even if i cannot prove a permanent address while i was there?

Thanks...

dwthomson

Dec 9, 2009
Ok thats what i thought, thanks.

I am a little confused however as to when i should get the certificate. As the australian police send the form to Mississauga, does this mean i should wait until i have sent off my visa application before applying for the police certificate?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
wait for sponsorship having been approved and then ask police certificate to be mailed to your visa office.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin is right. You can find the full instructions here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

Suin said:
wait for sponsorship having been approved and then ask police certificate to be mailed to your visa office.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suin said:
No you don't , the OP's application is being processed in London, he applies for the police certificate and has the Australians send it to London. London can match it up with the Name and DOB to the file when it is created. If you wait until London sends you the file no. (They don't normally send AORs in Sponsorship cases) you will add another 3/4 months to the process.

PMM