+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificates - now or later?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
As per the latest regulations from immigration authorities, you are supposed to sent the police certificates along with the main application now or else the application would be returned.
Spousal Sponsorship Checklist Feb 2018v...

POLICE CERTIFICATES

You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police
certificates from the following country or countries at this time, unless indicated otherwise on the police certificate webpage:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
  1. The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
  2. The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.
Canadian Police Certificates :
If you (or a family member 18 or older) have lived in Canada for the last six months, or Canada is the country where you (or they) have
lived for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18, police certificates for Canada are not required at this time. IRCC will make a
request for (a) Canadian police certificate(s) on your behalf. Check here if this applies to you​

Reactions: vishalv

yednickteck

May 10, 2018
I think that you don't need the UAE certificate before you apply because you don't currently live there and you haven't spent most of your life since turning 18 there. However, they may well contact you and ask for the UAE certificate after receiving your application.

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
I really appreciate all the answers and replies

I am now more confused than ever. I asked an Immigration lawyer and I also called CIC and they both said I don't need to send in police certificates from UAE, after I gave them all the details about my situation.

The CIC representative on the phone even looked up the checklist and read the section on police certificate and said I dont have to send in UAE police certificates

I don't know what to do