+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificates - now or later?

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hi guys

I am applying for Inland spousal sponsorship. My wife is sponsoring me. I am living in Canada for the last 13 years.

My application is ready to send in. My question is about police certificates. I need to get police certificates from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Do I need to send in the police certificates now along with the application I am sending in or do I wait until they ask for it?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi guys

I am applying for Inland spousal sponsorship. My wife is sponsoring me. I am living in Canada for the last 13 years.

My application is ready to send in. My question is about police certificates. I need to get police certificates from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Do I need to send in the police certificates now along with the application I am sending in or do I wait until they ask for it?

Thanks

How to Get a Police Certificate – United Arab Emirates

How to get a police certificate - Canada

Reactions: kayvee

Mas4j

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
9/2017
Doc's Request.
10/2017
File Transfer...
12/2017
Med's Request
10/11
Med's Done....
11/06
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
They wll send you letter or email later and ask for the police certificate.

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Thanks Wakki

Looks like I need to send in the UAE police certificates along with my application

I know that getting it done via mail will take me 1 month

Do you think its safe to mail in my PR application first and then start the process of getting the police certificates as soon as possible and sending then like a month later?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks Wakki

Looks like I need to send in the UAE police certificates along with my application

Do you think its safe to mail in my PR application first and then start the process of getting the police certificates as soon as possible and sending then like a month later?
Will advice you include the UAE PCC before sending your application since IRCC indicated its required........your application may be returned if the UAE PCC is not included........refer Spousal Sponsorship Checklist Feb 2018v.

POLICE CERTIFICATES
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police
certificates from the following country or countries at this time, unless indicated otherwise on the police certificate webpage:

Spousal Sponsorship Checklist Feb 2018v

Reactions: kayvee

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Yes...you are absolutely right ...thanks for clarifying :)

Will advice you include the UAE PCC before sending your application since IRCC indicated its required........your application may be returned if the UAE PCC is not included........refer Spousal Sponsorship Checklist Feb 2018v.

POLICE CERTIFICATES
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police
certificates from the following country or countries at this time, unless indicated otherwise on the police certificate webpage:

Spousal Sponsorship Checklist Feb 2018v

mastiff78

May 8, 2018
Thanks Wakki

I am pretty sure that you only need to send Police Certificate from countries you have lived since your 18th birthday or the last ten years whichever is recent. Since you mentioned that you lived in Canada for the past 13 years, I doubt you will need police certificate from UAE. That's what I understood after reading their instructions on Police certificate.

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
I am pretty sure that you only need to send Police Certificate from countries you have lived since your 18th birthday or the last ten years whichever is recent. Since you mentioned that you lived in Canada for the past 13 years, I doubt you will need police certificate from UAE. That's what I understood after reading their instructions on Police certificate.
Oh wow...if this is true its amazing. Wakki have you read anything about this?

mastiff78

May 8, 2018
Sorry, I think I misquoted earlier. I just asked a friend whose wife just landed last week, and he says police certificate is required if you have spent more than 6 months in any country after turning 18 years old.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You currently live in Canada and has spent more than 6 months in Canada.

@kayvee........You have been living in Canada for the last 13 years.......but were you 18 years or older when you moved to Canada in 2005 ?

Refer.....Spousal Sponsorship Checklist...........

POLICE CERTIFICATES

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
  1. The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
  2. The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18

Last edited:

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
You currently live in Canada and has spent more than 6 months in Canada.

@kayvee........You have been living in Canada for the last 13 years.......but were you 18 years or older when you moved to Canada in 2005 ?

Refer.....Spousal Sponsorship Checklist...........

POLICE CERTIFICATES

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
  1. The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
  2. The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18
@Wakki Please forgive all my questions

I moved to Canada when I was 23 years old

From age 18 to 23 I lived in UAE

So does that mean I need to submit the UAE police certificates and the Canadian?

Because I have lived in Canada for more than 6 months

But in the same checklist below what you posted it says No need for Canadian certificates right now

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

So does that mean I need to submit the UAE police certificates and the Canadian?

But in the same checklist below what you posted it says No need for Canadian certificates right now
You do NOT need a Canadian PCC.

You do need a UAE PCC.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and

------You currently live in Canada and has lived in Canada for more than 6 months.
------Police certificates for Canada are not required at this time.

The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18

------ You lived in UAE after you turned 18 for about 5 years (18 to 23).
------ You need UAE PCC since IRCC indicated its required.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi guys

Thanks
As per the latest regulations from immigration authorities, you are supposed to sent the police certificates along with the main application now or else the application would be returned.