May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Hi Friends,

I need to provide police certificates from India. Is there a specific format available that I can use and is valid at CIC?

Thanks

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Thanks. I read that link but it does not mention any specific format.

Just curious, can i submit a clearance certificate from a Station House office (SHO) or an ACP even if I am in United States (NRI)?

Has anyone applied for Police certificate from Chicago consulate?

OhCanadiana said:
Yes - the instructions are at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp. They depend on the district you live in and whether you currently live in India.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Format you need not worry, all have different. No fixed printed performas. You apply and they will quote your name, fathers name, address,PP No, DOB and will say that no case is found against you.

The certificates are issued in India by SSP Office and by Regional Passport Office , the SHO and DSP only forwards the application after verification at local level.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the easiest way is RPO (Passport office) . Most of the case one day process. Local police procedure is more then one month

sunny_causa

Sep 30, 2008
Hi
If you are in US then you need to apply from Indian consulate from US.I think they don;t accept if you get police clearance from India. If you are in Chicago better go to the consulate and apply from there.

Actually I am stuck in collecting the documents ,I need to send via mail .I am trying to apply from SFO consulate and they need below docs

Completed Miscellaneous Services Application
- Photo pasted on the Miscellaneous Service Application
- Notarized copy of Proof of status – Green Card, visa, visa extension documents, etc.
- Notarized copy of Proof of Residence – State Driving License, State ID, lease agreement, any
utility bill. These are the only documents accepted as proof of residence.
- Notarized copy of first three and last two pages of passport
- Passport in original
- Apostilled Original document to be attested/authenticated-----If any one knows what this document is ? Please help me
- Photocopy of document to be attested/authenticated-they are saying photocopy of document like which document they are looking for ?
- Cashier’s cheque (no cash please) for requisite fees
- Stamped self-addressed envelope or $ 20 (twenty) in cashiers’ cheque (no cash please) for
return mail

Some one can please help me

Thanks
Sunny

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
I know I am not in a position to ask CIC as to why they want clearance certificate from Indian embassy but technically, you are requesting clearance certificate from police for the time you were in india. During that time you were not an NRI and when you are a NRI (which is now), you are giving clearance certificate from US.

Does this not make sense?

sunny_causa said:
Hi
If you are in US then you need to apply from Indian consulate from US.I think they don;t accept if you get police clearance from India. If you are in Chicago better go to the consulate and apply from there.

Actually I am stuck in collecting the documents ,I need to send via mail .I am trying to apply from SFO consulate and they need below docs

Completed Miscellaneous Services Application
- Photo pasted on the Miscellaneous Service Application
- Notarized copy of Proof of status – Green Card, visa, visa extension documents, etc.
- Notarized copy of Proof of Residence – State Driving License, State ID, lease agreement, any
utility bill. These are the only documents accepted as proof of residence.
- Notarized copy of first three and last two pages of passport
- Passport in original
- Apostilled Original document to be attested/authenticated-----If any one knows what this document is ? Please help me
- Photocopy of document to be attested/authenticated-they are saying photocopy of document like which document they are looking for ?
- Cashier's cheque (no cash please) for requisite fees
- Stamped self-addressed envelope or $ 20 (twenty) in cashiers' cheque (no cash please) for
return mail

Some one can please help me

Thanks
Sunny

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny_causa said:
They use one form for many different miscellaneous services. In this particular case you are asking for PCC so you only supply what is applicable and ignore the parts that don't apply to you. This doesn't apply to PCC request and would only apply in the case if you were say asking them to attest say your indian degree or something. You would then send the original degree and the photocopy of it which you are asking for attesting.

canada77 said:
... why they want clearance certificate from Indian embassy but technically, you are requesting clearance certificate from police for the time you were in india. ...
This is basically to make it easier and less of a hassle for those abroad to get a PCC. i guess if you have committed a crime the Indian Government doesn't give you a passport :D

Actually , from what i have read here it is so much more convenient for Indians to get a PCC from their embassy than many other nationalities from the more oppressed or difficult places who are asked to do the same from their respective embassies. They are told by the embassy to apply to the local jurisdiction at the country itself. Very difficult from afar especially if you have no contacts there or only lived there on short term contracts

sunny_causa

Sep 30, 2008
As per the documents , I am not clear what they need from my end .... Do you know what is meant by Apostilled document ? Can you please clarify

Thanks
Sunny

chaitanya512

Sep 20, 2019
India
Category........
Hi all,

I stayed in one state for about 21 years and moved to another state for work and I am staying there from past 10 years. Getting police clearance certificate from the current state is enough for EE application? Or I have to get police clearance certificate from the old state as well?

Thanks,
Chaitanya