+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates for Family class sponsorship

Feb 11, 2010
I am going to get my FBI record and I was reading that I might need Police Certificates. Do I need them for this type of sponsorship? I was reading and I gathered that I need one from each state that I lived in more than 6 months. I lived in 5 states in my life, so I need one frome each state? And what type of Police Certificate do I need? For example, currently I live in Wisconsin and they offer Name-Based Police Certificate and Fingerprint-Based Police Certificate. For this I don't see a problem, but I lived in Idaho and California too and what can I do for a fingerprint based? Do I have to go get 5 different sets of finger prints at the police station so I can mail them out to each state? SORRY, lots of questions here...any help?
Thanks

Bob

Feb 11, 2010
One more thing, do I need certifcates from everywhere since I was 18 or just the last 10 years? I am 40, so that makes a difference in terms of all the states I lived in.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

worldtraveler666 said:
I am going to get my FBI record and I was reading that I might need Police Certificates. Do I need them for this type of sponsorship? I was reading and I gathered that I need one from each state that I lived in more than 6 months. I lived in 5 states in my life, so I need one frome each state? And what type of Police Certificate do I need? For example, currently I live in Wisconsin and they offer Name-Based Police Certificate and Fingerprint-Based Police Certificate. For this I don't see a problem, but I lived in Idaho and California too and what can I do for a fingerprint based? Do I have to go get 5 different sets of finger prints at the police station so I can mail them out to each state? SORRY, lots of questions here...any help?
Thanks

Bob
1. You only need the FBI certificates for now, if the processing office wants the state certificates, they will request them. If they are requested, you need fingerprint based records checks.
2. If requested, you need a set of prints for each state.
3. If they are requested, it would be every state where you have lived for 6 months or more since turning 18.

PMM

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
i understand is every place u have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18....

good luck

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Check the policies of each state involved. Some do not require fingerprints. Of the 3 I looked at, only one requests fingerprints.

Feb 11, 2010
I really love this site. Thanks so much for all the advice. I am going to just do the FBI right now...and do the individual states only upon request. So here I go!!