06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
amamh said:
I'm filling my application for residency now and I'm at the point where they are asking me to upload police clearance certificates.

I live in the UK, but I'm originally from Egypt. I came to the UK when I was 19.

Unfortunately, they want me to provide a certificate from Egypt too..... Egyptian consulate here is horrible and will take a very long time to produce the document. Their website states 8 weeks to get that document... all I have is 59 days to complete the application, so I might actually miss the deadline.

I don't know what to do..

What do you guys think if only provide a UK police clearance and write a document explaining that:
- I came to the UK since I was 19, 1 year after being 18.
- My country will take a very long time to produce the document and if I wait for them I will miss my deadline for my ITA.

Or is it possible to amend my application after submitting it, so that I:
- Submit the application without that document and attach an explanation
- Send that document later once I finally obtain it

Do you think that can work? can anybody please share if they had a similar experience?
This is what a friend of mine did and tons of others (specially when applying for FBI Clearance papers); She submitted her completed application along with a letter of explanation stating that she has applied for the FBI Clearance document and that it will take upto 3 months for processing. She then attached a letter she received from the FBI stating that they have received her application and her clearance papers are now in process.

She received her Clearance certificate a couple weeks back. She sent in a case specific enquiry to CIC that she has received her Clearance certificate. Though CIC has not yet replied, they will soon and ask her to upload the report.

So don't decline the invitation. Apply for the Egyptian Police Certificate NOW and attach a letter of explanation when submitting your documents. Your documents might be processed longer but atleast you will be able to apply with you PNP.

Good luck!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no guarantees that the CSE route will work. And there are no guarantees that CIC will consider your LOE about the missing PCC and either give you an extension to submit the same or accept the document if you submit it later in the process. They might do it but that completely depends on the discretion of the officer assigned to your application. Someone recently reported getting rejected because CIC refused to buy their explanation that they had applied for FBI PCC but did not have it while submitting their application.

As you have 453 points, recommend that you choose one of the below options.

1. Decline this ITA and submit your OINP application to have a shot at those 600 points. If you get those, you can then submit the application along with the PCC which you will get by that time because OINP will take anywhere between 60-90 days to send you the nomination if they determine that your application meets their requirements. Once you have 1053 points in the bag, you'll get an ITA in every draw thereon.

2. Decline the OINP invitation and submit your application to CIC based on this ITA along with the LOE highlighting the troubles with the PCC and hope that they accept your additional document submission later in the process. Do not be in a hurry to submit this application as you have 60 days to decide. Submit as late as possible so that you can earnestly appeal to CIC that you waited for the PCC till the last possible moment before submission, it might add some weight to your request. However, if CIC cancels your application, you stand to lose the processing fee.

3. Decline the OINP invitation AND your ITA for now and accept an ITA after you have all the documents in place. I don't recommend this option at all though.

Of course, if you either submit the post ITA application OR decline the OINP invitation, you will lose any chances to apply to OINP nomination this time around. Your call.

All the best!

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright guys, I will make up my mind when the Egyptian Consulate opens tomorrow and I talk with them and see if it will indeed take a long time to get the PC as they claim on their website. I really hope that there is a way to get an urgent one.. I will lie to them and say that I only have 3 weeks to get it, hopefully they can make it faster for me. This paper actually takes literally 1 hour only in Egypt to get..

For now, I have another question please. I already have an ITA but I haven't received my Ontario Nomination yet, my question is: If I receive the Ontario Nomination while I already have an ITA will it still work and give me the extra 600 points? or are my profile points "locked" while I have an ITA?

I think I should still get the 600 points, but I just want to make sure it's fine to get the nomination while already having an ITA.

Thank you everyone for your help, I really do appreciate everyone's responses, this is a big life event for me (leaving the UK to Canada) and I'll make sure I give back to the community here

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
Alright guys, I will make up my mind when the Egyptian Consulate opens tomorrow and I talk with them and see if it will indeed take a long time to get the PC as they claim on their website. I really hope that there is a way to get an urgent one.. I will lie to them and say that I only have 3 weeks to get it, hopefully they can make it faster for me. This paper actually takes literally 1 hour only in Egypt to get..

For now, I have another question please. I already have an ITA but I haven't received my Ontario Nomination yet, my question is: If I receive the Ontario Nomination while I already have an ITA will it still work and give me the extra 600 points? or are my profile points "locked" while I have an ITA?

I think I should still get the 600 points, but I just want to make sure it's fine to get the nomination while already having an ITA.

Thank you everyone for your help, I really do appreciate everyone's responses, this is a big life event for me (leaving the UK to Canada) and I'll make sure I give back to the community here
If you apply against the PT Interest Letter and secure Nomination from Ontario and then submit the PR application then neither you would be able to submit your already secured ITA and nor Provincial Nomination from any of the provinces :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:

As you rightly pointed out, the key thing is that your EE profile gets 'locked' after you get an ITA. Which means you cannot work on that profile anymore. Unfortunately, that profile is the one which is linked to your OINP invite as well. If you submit your OINP application now, the ONLY way to get a shot at those 600 points is by either actively declining the ITA to 'unlock' your profile right away OR wait for 60 days to lapse so that the profile is 'unlocked' automatically. Under no circumstances can you both submit an application based on this ITA and have a shot at those 600 points.

You can certainly choose to do that but remember that there is NO guarantee that Ontario will definitely give you those 600 points. So there is a very real possibility that you may end up losing both the nomination and the ITA.

All the best!

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
As you rightly pointed out, the key thing is that your EE profile gets 'locked' after you get an ITA. Which means you cannot work on that profile anymore. Unfortunately, that profile is the one which is linked to your OINP invite as well. If you submit your OINP application now, the ONLY way to get a shot at those 600 points is by either actively declining the ITA to 'unlock' your profile right away OR wait for 60 days to lapse so that the profile is 'unlocked' automatically. Under no circumstances can you both submit an application based on this ITA and have a shot at those 600 points.

You can certainly choose to do that but remember that there is NO guarantee that Ontario will definitely give you those 600 points. So there is a very real possibility that you may end up losing both the nomination and the ITA.

All the best!
So, you are saying that if, say, I get my Ontario Nomination tomorrow while I already have an ITA and before I submit the PR application, the nomination won't be even registered?

The way I imagined it is that it will register and if I decline the ITA then I will be able to apply again in the next round since I will have over 1000 points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
So, you are saying that if, say, I get my Ontario Nomination tomorrow while I already have an ITA and before I submit the PR application, the nomination won't be even registered?

The way I imagined it is that it will register and if I decline the ITA then I will be able to apply again in the next round since I will have over 1000 points.
Understand the timelines here. You have 58 days to accept the ITA or it will lapse on its own and your profile will be unlocked. Even if you decline the ITA at any point over the next 58 days, your profile will be unlocked.

You have 45 days from the time you received the PT to submit the application to Ontario. I'm presuming you haven't done that yet. After submitting this application, Ontario will take up to 90 days to process your application (this is true for 80% of the applicants). Realistically, you will not have a chance of getting those 600 additional points before your ITA lapses. So you will have to choose between submitting the post ITA application or declining the ITA and applying to Ontario for those 600 points.

Given that, the only thing you will get because of those 600 additional points is an ITA (something you already have), decline this ITA only if you are very sure that you won't be able to submit a completed application within the next 58 days.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

ajnoel

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
1-7-2015
Passport Req..
28-1-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-2-2016
LANDED..........
28-2-2016
Hello Everyone,

One of my friend from Egypt is stuck in similar dilemma. Has the strategy to apply without PCC and submit later through CSE worked for anyone yet?