Police Certificates for country of origin taking forever to get

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm filling my application for residency now and I'm at the point where they are asking me to upload police clearance certificates.

I live in the UK, but I'm originally from Egypt. I came to the UK when I was 19.

Unfortunately, they want me to provide a certificate from Egypt too..... Egyptian consulate here is horrible and will take a very long time to produce the document. Their website states 8 weeks to get that document... all I have is 59 days to complete the application, so I might actually miss the deadline.

I don't know what to do..

What do you guys think if only provide a UK police clearance and write a document explaining that:
- I came to the UK since I was 19, 1 year after being 18.
- My country will take a very long time to produce the document and if I wait for them I will miss my deadline for my ITA.

Or is it possible to amend my application after submitting it, so that I:
- Submit the application without that document and attach an explanation
- Send that document later once I finally obtain it

Do you think that can work? can anybody please share if they had a similar experience?

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
I don't think you should make any changes to your profile. It is risky. As the rule states, that you should provide a police clearance for any country where you stayed for 6 months or more.

I also have the same issue, I have to get one from France and Germany. Perhaps you can call someone in the embassy or back in Egypt to get this sorted out, maybe take a trip?

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat. I need an FBI clearance and the processing time is 3 months. If you think you can get another ITA you should decline this one because PCC is a very important document and you'd be very lucky to get a positive response without it. What you can do is apply for PCC and wait till the last week of termination of your ITA to decline, if it comes you can apply if it doesn't take a call on it.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
I'm filling my application for residency now and I'm at the point where they are asking me to upload police clearance certificates.

I live in the UK, but I'm originally from Egypt. I came to the UK when I was 19.

Unfortunately, they want me to provide a certificate from Egypt too..... Egyptian consulate here is horrible and will take a very long time to produce the document. Their website states 8 weeks to get that document... all I have is 59 days to complete the application, so I might actually miss the deadline.

I don't know what to do..

What do you guys think if only provide a UK police clearance and write a document explaining that:
- I came to the UK since I was 19, 1 year after being 18.
- My country will take a very long time to produce the document and if I wait for them I will miss my deadline for my ITA.

Or is it possible to amend my application after submitting it, so that I:
- Submit the application without that document and attach an explanation
- Send that document later once I finally obtain it

Do you think that can work? can anybody please share if they had a similar experience?
Submit your application with Letter of Explanation, explaining the time frame required to obtain police clearance from Egypt; Meanwhile in parallel apply for your Police Clearance, I hope the time your application will come to the table of Visa Officer, your Egypt Police Clearance will be ready too :)

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
Submit your application with Letter of Explanation, explaining the time frame required to obtain police clearance from Egypt; Meanwhile in parallel apply for your Police Clearance, I hope the time your application will come to the table of Visa Officer, your Egypt Police Clearance will be ready too :)
But, if my application is refused, I'll have to create a whole new profile which means I will lose my Ontario Human Capital Priorities Nomination.

Isn't that right?

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Perhaps you should send an email to Ontario and make this clarification but all in all, I would say that you should go ahead and apply for the PC and simultaneously write a letter of explanation, mention the particulars and proof that you already applied for the PC and that the procedure takes longer than the given time for EE submission.

You can take a chance with this. If you don't you will lose the ITA anyway, so take this risk, and just hope that it gets your through, if not God forbid then you will have your PC from Egypt for the next nomination.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
But, if my application is refused, I'll have to create a whole new profile which means I will lose my Ontario Human Capital Priorities Nomination.

Isn't that right?
Have you got an interest letter from Ontario or are you done with Ontario Human Captial Priorities submission and got a Nomination from Ontario? because usually at the time of OINP application submission, Police certificate is not required ; Police certificate is only required once you get ITA
(either through Provincial Nomination OR directly by CIC)

Letter of explanation section has this very purpose of clarifying the insufficiency of any document; I don't think it would refuse your application :)

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thatguy56 said:
Perhaps you should send an email to Ontario and make this clarification but all in all, I would say that you should go ahead and apply for the PC and simultaneously write a letter of explanation, mention the particulars and proof that you already applied for the PC and that the procedure takes longer than the given time for EE submission.

You can take a chance with this. If you don't you will lose the ITA anyway, so take this risk, and just hope that it gets your through, if not God forbid then you will have your PC from Egypt for the next nomination.

But if I wait and then reject my ITA if I don't get the PC in time, then I'll still have my nomination which means I'm guaranteed to get picked again in the next draw. I still haven't submitted my Ontario application, but it's ready, with it I'll have 1053 points.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
Have you got an interest letter from Ontario or are you done with Ontario Human Captial Priorities submission and got a Nomination from Ontario? because usually at the time of OINP application submission, Police certificate is not required ; Police certificate is only required once you get ITA
(either through Provincial Nomination OR directly by CIC)

Letter of explanation section has this very purpose of clarifying the insufficiency of any document; I don't think it would refuse your application :)
I got the interest letter, prepared the application, and I have the application now ready to send, but then I received my ITA before I actually submit my nomination application and get it.

I'm thinking I will do the following:

- Submit the nomination form still, so that I get my 600 extra points. With it I will have total of 1053 points.
- Wait for the PC to come within the 60 days period.
- If PC doesn't come then I will decline the ITA.
- Since I'll have the nomination by that time hopefully then I'm guaranteed to get invited again in the next round and by that time I should have my PC too.

The other option would be to wait for PC and if it doesn't come in time then submit with a letter of explanation but then if I get refused I will have to create a new profile which means I lose my Ontario nomination and how do I know that I will get another PT from Ontario?

What do you think?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
I got the interest letter, prepared the application, and I have the application now ready to send, but then I received my ITA before I actually submit my nomination application and get it.

I'm thinking I will do the following:

- Submit the nomination form still, so that I get my 600 extra points. With it I will have total of 1053 points.
- Wait for the PC to come within the 60 days period.
- If PC doesn't come then I will decline the ITA.
- Since I'll have the nomination by that time hopefully then I'm guaranteed to get invited again in the next round and by that time I should have my PC too.

What do you think?
It means you were high on CRS points scale and got a direct ITA by CIC, which is a good sign :);

Only those give priority to Provincial Nominee who are low on points scale and and are uncertain about getting a direct ITA by CIC

600 additional points only help in securing you the ITA (which you already have got) so its better to leave the Ontario PNP and continue with ITA :)

If you follow your proposed solution, you will pay an extra $1500 dollars with your actual $1040 dollars, which is simply a waste of money

Regarding your query, continue with application, submit the UK police clearance, apply for the Egyptian one, Mention the late processing of Egyptian police clearance in the Letter of Explanation and In sha Allah you will be all good to go :)

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
It means you were high on CRS points scale and got a direct ITA by CIC, which is a good sign :);

Only those give priority to Provincial Nominee who are low on points scale and and are uncertain about getting a direct ITA by CIC

600 additional points only help in securing you the ITA (which you already have got) so its better to leave the Ontario PNP and continue with ITA :)

If you follow your proposed solution, you will pay an extra $1500 dollars with your actual $1040 dollars, which is simply a waste of money

Regarding your query, continue with application, submit the UK police clearance, apply for the Egyptian one, Mention the late processing of Egyptian police clearance in the Letter of Explanation and In sha Allah you will be all good to go :)

You don't get the point though man, if the application gets refused, then I will have to create a whole new profile ! which means I won't know if my 453 points will be enough again to get another round or if I will get the Ontario Nomination again...

However, if I get the nomination then I decline the ITA, I will be returned to the pool and I won't lose my profile and I will have 1053 points so I will be guaranteed to get another ITA straight away.

For the money, I don't care about that, if it means I'm secure then I would rather pay more.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
You don't get the point though man, if the application gets refused, then I will have to create a whole new profile ! which means I won't know if my 453 points will be enough again to get another round or if I will get the Ontario Nomination again...

However, if I get the nomination then I decline the ITA, I will be returned to the pool and I won't lose my profile and I will have 1053 points so I will be guaranteed to get another ITA straight away.

For the money, I don't care about that, if it means I'm secure then I would rather pay more.
I totally got your point, all I am trying to convince you is that CIC won't refuse your application for no reason; If you will mention in detail regarding the processing times of Egyptian police clearance (supported by contact details of Egyptian Consulate UK), they would consider it, rather than refusing you;

If you have assimilated all of documents (education, settlement funds, english language proficiency, work experience letters and UK police clearance); you follow this strategy

Instantly file for Egyptian Police Clearance
Submit your PR application as late as possible within the 60 day time period [with LOE mentioning the late processing of your Egyptian PCC]

It would take a minimum of three months for your application to come at the table of a Visa Officer for eligibility check ; In between you must have had your Egyptian Police Clearance;

Access the Case Specific Enquiry using this link [https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx] and attach the Egyptian PCC ; They will count it as a part of your application :)

But it all depends only if you remove this superstition out of your head that your application is gonna get rejected;

Rejecting the ITA won't expire up your EE entry profile [Express Entry profile has an year of validity in the pool] , based on your points , you can gain the ITA again as well PNP interest letter too

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
I totally got your point, all I am trying to convince you is that CIC won't refuse your application for no reason; If you will mention in detail regarding the processing times of Egyptian police clearance (supported by contact details of Egyptian Consulate UK), they would consider it, rather than refusing you;

If you have assimilated all of documents (education, settlement funds, english language proficiency, work experience letters and UK police clearance); you follow this strategy

Instantly file for Egyptian Police Clearance
Submit your PR application as late as possible within the 60 day time period [with LOE mentioning the late processing of your Egyptian PCC]

It would take a minimum of three months for your application to come at the table of a Visa Officer for eligibility check ; In between you must have had your Egyptian Police Clearance;

Access the Case Specific Enquiry using this link [https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx] and attach the Egyptian PCC ; They will count it as a part of your application :)

But it all depends only if you remove this superstition out of your head that your application is gonna get rejected;

Rejecting the ITA won't expire up your EE entry profile [Express Entry profile has an year of validity in the pool] , based on your points , you can gain the ITA again as well PNP interest letter too
Oh, I didn't know about that form before.

Are you sure I can use that to submit a missing document later? It says I can only use it if my application has exceeded normal processing time.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
Oh, I didn't know about that form before.

Are you sure I can use that to submit a missing document later? It says I can only use it if my application has exceeded normal processing time.
read all the conditions brother :), scroll the page from top to bottom, there is a document upload too, to submit any document incase of change in circumstances (which in your case will be attainment of Egyptian PCC :)