+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate ??

immigrant_26

May 18, 2008
Hello,

I am not quite sure what to do with regards to submitting police certificate. CIC requires that I submit a police certificate from each country where I've lived six months and more.

I stayed in India 5 months and 25 days. This doesn't make a full six months but very close to it. Should I submit this police certificate ? Has anyone already had to deal with similar situations ?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

immigrant_26 said:
Hello,

I am not quite sure what to do with regards to submitting police certificate. CIC requires that I submit a police certificate from each country where I've lived six months and more.

I stayed in India 5 months and 25 days. This doesn't make a full six months but very close to it. Should I submit this police certificate ? Has anyone already had to deal with similar situations ?

Thanks
Get the Police Certificate, if it is not needed fine, but if CHC decides that they want it, then it really slows down the process.

PMM

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
It is always good to be on the safe side. You must get the police certificates from the all the respective countries of your residence. It will save you from any further delay of your application process.

galbrown

Jan 12, 2012
Do I need a police certificate from each state that I have lived in? Why does the government website show that we contact the FBI rather than each state individually?
I am from the states, So I get my fingerprints taken at a station in Calgary and then we mail these fingerprints to the fbi headquarters or to the headquarters in each state or to the FBI headquarters? Which headquarters do we need to send them to and if I have to do the state police thing, then do I also have to do the FBI thing?????
Do I need the police cert BEFORE she sends in the permanent residence paperwork? Because the information we are seeing keeps mentioning that the visa office will tell me
-If we are using a visa office in the united states do I still need the police certificate?
-DO we submit one permanent residence application, or several? And do we send all of them to the same place?

cicimici

Jan 13, 2012
No you don't need a police certificate - they exactly specified 6months and more. Eventhough you are just few days below 6 months, you don't need to send them police certificate.

Really don't worry about it.

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
immigrant_26 said:
Hello,

Thanks
I stayed in Russia for 5 months and 19 days. Did not bother with the PCC.

When CIC sends you a letter for meds, they also ask you to send PCCs (if not sent with the original application) from the countries they want, specific to your application.

Chill.

Ikyusan

Jan 13, 2012
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I lived in a couple of different countries in the past, 5 to be exact. I have lived in all of those 5 countries for more than 6 months. My question is: do I need a police certificate from the country I was born in as well? Will appreciate any feedback from you guys. Have great day.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ikyusan said:
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I lived in a couple of different countries in the past, 5 to be exact. I have lived in all of those 5 countries for more than 6 months. My question is: do I need a police certificate from the country I was born in as well? Will appreciate any feedback from you guys. Have great day.
Yes.

How long did you live there?

Ikyusan

Jan 13, 2012
Baloo said:
Yes.

How long did you live there?
Thank you for your reply. Below are my details.

Indonesia: 18 years
New Zealand: 9 years
USA: 5 years
Canada: 1 year
Australia: 5 months and counting.

Thanks again :)

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
PER rcvd on 14th Dec 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
AOR from NDVO rcvd on 21 Jan 2012
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Med sent on 24th Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Req rcvd on 7th Feb sent on 24th Feb 2012. RPRF DD encashed on 11th April
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 10th May. PPs rcvd with Visa on 14th May 2012
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto on 3rd July 2012!
Ikyusan said:
Thank you for your reply. Below are my details.

Indonesia: 18 years
New Zealand: 9 years
USA: 5 years
Canada: 1 year
Australia: 5 months and counting.

Thanks again :)
Yes. You need from all the countries mentioned above. Australia too. Because by the time your application is processed, you will have completed 6 months in Australia.

Cheers

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Submitting PCC along with application seems something absurd.

By the time an applications moves to in process, how'd CIC ensures that the applicant maintained a clean record and didn't commit any crime since the application was submitted along with PCC?

In some cases, the waiting period runs almost 1year from application submission and giving a nod on the basis of PCC submitted 1 year ago seems just illogical.

Or may be that's why it's strongly recommended but not mandatory to submit it but still,...doesn't make a good sense!

just my thoughts
regards