+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys I need your help I'm a little bit confused here
For the principal applicant and each dependent who are 18 years of age and older, a
scanned copy of the Police Certificate(s), clearances, or records of non-conviction must be
provided.
You must submit the records for the following scenarios:
 Country of residence before coming to Canada, if the applicant has resided there for 6
months or more
 Country where the applicant has spent most of their adult life since the age of 18
Note: You are not required to provide a police certificate from the country of
persecution listed on your refugee claim
-If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide
court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each

conviction.

Are they asking me to get police certificate (criminal record) in canada or from my home country ? since it said I'm not required to provide from the country of persecution is that mean I shouldn't provide any and I should just go ahead and sent the other documents they asked for ?

Odonga

Oct 28, 2020
Hey guys I need your help I'm a little bit confused here
For the principal applicant and each dependent who are 18 years of age and older, a
scanned copy of the Police Certificate(s), clearances, or records of non-conviction must be
provided.
You must submit the records for the following scenarios:
 Country of residence before coming to Canada, if the applicant has resided there for 6
months or more
 Country where the applicant has spent most of their adult life since the age of 18
Note: You are not required to provide a police certificate from the country of
persecution listed on your refugee claim
-If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide
court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each

conviction.

Are they asking me to get police certificate (criminal record) in canada or from my home country ? since it said I'm not required to provide from the country of persecution is that mean I shouldn't provide any and I should just go ahead and sent the other documents they asked for ?
have ever lived outside for 6 months outside of the persecuted country? If not then only your wife’s or kids police clearance if they’re over 18 years of age.

May 7, 2021
But what if someone lived in other country like UAE and has unsettled liabilities e.g credit card or PL(as they file legal case for any financial delinquency) , due to which he couldn't provide the PCC, what are the options for him?

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
But what if someone lived in other country like UAE and has unsettled liabilities e.g credit card or PL(as they file legal case for any financial delinquency) , due to which he couldn't provide the PCC, what are the options for him?
Financial delinquency isn’t a crime in most jurisdictions

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
One needs to apply online ASAP on UAE gov site

May 7, 2021
One needs to apply online ASAP on UAE gov site
Until unless liabilities are not paid off, PCC won't be issued, but my question is, what could be the options if one couldn't provide the PCC due to financial issues.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Until unless liabilities are not paid off, PCC won't be issued, but my question is, what could be the options if one couldn't provide the PCC due to financial issues.
Your application will either be stuck until you provide PCC or refused for failure to provide required document

May 7, 2021
Your application will either be stuck until you provide PCC or refused for failure to provide required document
But what if one proves to IRCC that he has tried to obtain the PCC through all means but due to financial reasons they don't issue pcc, someone told me that IRCC holds the case till they conduct background check their own to verify the reason, after confirmation, they render the final decision.