+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi all, I might need some help.

I am Indonesian, applying for Canadian PR. I lived in Australia for 10 months in 1998. How do I get the police certificate? I looked on the Australian Federal Police website, and they require a fingerprints to obtain the cert.

anyone familiar with the procedure? i m a bit confused here.

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

catarina said:
Hi all, I might need some help.

I am Indonesian, applying for Canadian PR. I lived in Australia for 10 months in 1998. How do I get the police certificate? I looked on the Australian Federal Police website, and they require a fingerprints to obtain the cert.

anyone familiar with the procedure? i m a bit confused here.

thanks
Follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp but have it mailed to the office that is processing your application or to yourself.

PMM

jonmaik

Feb 11, 2009
Hi Catarina,

Would you mind sharing your experience in getting the Police Certificate from AFP while you were in Indonesia?

Thanks.

Jon

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hi guys,

I am currently in Thailand and received police check from the AFP last month. A full police check with fingerprints was required. It was sent back to my address here in Bangkok.

1) We had to go the Thai Royal police headquarters for them to take my wife's fingerprints. They certified the document (from Thai police) and gave us the fingerprints document.

2) We then EMS the AFP form requesting full check with fingerprint and sent it to Australia. Luckily, i still had an Australian bank account there so I made a check. Otherwise, you may need to use other forms of payments.

3) Timeline
- Fingerprints + Form + Cheque sent on 18 Dec 2008
- AFP Fingerprint check received on 05 Feb 2009 (letter from AFP was dated 21 Jan 2009)

4) Finally, the email customer service at the AFP is very good. They explained to me it was delayed due to Christmas break and such. That's the email on the form.

Hope this helps for AFP,
Cheers,
Jean