+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

Danieldanie

Dec 15, 2017
Hi, I got invited for PR and i had filled in all the details and got to the documents submission part. So the issue i am facing now is this. I am from India. I had gone to the US for a 7 month job training in 2015-2016. I had mentioned that in the travel details section i filled up. I believe because of that they are asking for a Police Certificate from US. I am not sure how i will get that since I am now in India and haven't gone back to US after that visit. Can anybody help me out in this situation?? I have got the PCC from India. But the issue is with the one from US.
Thanks in advance.

hoseinihh

May 9, 2018
My police certificate from my home country was issued 5 days before I left my home country after a 3-week visit. This was all in less than a month ago. Now I have got an ITA for Express Entry (FSW). Should I get a new police certificate?

Based on CIC website:
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
Is my short visit of 3 weeks equivalent to "lived in that country" in the above sentence?

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Hi Dear,

We're well into our application process (application submitted and Medical is passed, ect.). The final document requested by CIC is a Police certificate from Colombia. We received the letter from CIC and applied to the Colombia Police force (and included the letter from CIC). We received a receipt shortly after in the mail from the Colombia Police force, and a letter stating that the certificate would be mailed directly to the CIC office that we provided the adress for. As per the Colombia police force timeline, CIC should have already received the police certificate.

So I don't know to upload the information as the police certification will be mailed directly to the CIC office in Sydney. The system is requesting the document number and dates from the ppolice certificate. We are unable to upload anything without inputting the document number, isse date, and exprire date which we dont have.

I will appreciate any help. :)

Thanks