File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi do you have to send a police certificate with your citizenship application if u never left Canada ?

bile31

Feb 18, 2018
My concern exactly... we have been here for 3 years, but CIT 002 question 10b is referring for 4 year period, which is outside the eligibility period. Very confusing. I would appreciate if someone knows if the police certificates are necessary in such case. Thank you,

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
My concern exactly... we have been here for 3 years, but CIT 002 question 10b is referring for 4 year period, which is outside the eligibility period. Very confusing. I would appreciate if someone knows if the police certificates are necessary in such case. Thank you,
Yes, the requirement is clear. If you stayed a total of at least 183 days in a single country outside Canada in the last 4 years, then you need to get a Police certificate from this country. Actually, your case is exactly like mine and I got a Police certificate from the country I lived in before I landed in Canada

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Yes, the requirement is clear. If you stayed a total of at least 183 days in a single country outside Canada in the last 4 years, then you need to get a Police certificate from this country. Actually, your case is exactly like mine and I got a Police certificate from the country I lived in before I landed in Canada
Where in canada do u get the certificate done?
Normal police station or u need to get fingerprints done also?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi do you have to send a police certificate with your citizenship application if u never left Canada ?
No, if by "never left" you mean you never were outside Canada during the preceding FOUR years.

Only applicants who check "yes" in response to item 10.b. (in current application) are instructed to provide a police certificate for the country in which they were present a total of 183 days during the FOUR (4) YEARS prior to the date the application is made. Obviously, any applicant who was in another country for a total of 183 days during the preceding four years should truthfully, accurately, check "yes" in item 10.b.

If by "never left" you mean you never left once you came to Canada, that is NOT relevant to any of the questions posed in the application, whether related to instructions about police clearances or otherwise. In particular, the applicant is instructed to provide work history, address history, and travel history for the full FIVE years prior to the date the application is made, and to disclose if a total of 183 or more days was spent in another country during the FOUR years prior to the date the application was made, REGARDLESS of the date the applicant came to Canada, and regardless of whether the applicant traveled outside Canada after coming to Canada to live.

The four year period referenced in item 10.b. is NOT OUTSIDE the eligibility period. The eligibility period is the FIVE years preceding the date the application is made. Item 10.b asks about the FOUR years preceding the date the application is made. Not confusing. Applicant merely needs to add together each day the applicant was in a country (other than Canada) during the preceding four years, and if that total adds up to 183 or more, then check "yes" in response to Item 10.b.

Then follow the instructions. For those who check "yes" in response to item 10.b, the instruction is to either include a police clearance from that country (or countries if in more than one a total of 183 or more respectively), or state an explanation why a clearance could not be obtained.

If in doubt . . .

Reactions: KandyK

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
No, if by "never left" you mean you never were outside Canada during the preceding FOUR years.

Only applicants who check "yes" in response to item 10.b. (in current application) are instructed to provide a police certificate for the country in which they were present a total of 183 days during the FOUR (4) YEARS prior to the date the application is made. Obviously, any applicant who was in another country for a total of 183 days during the preceding four years should truthfully, accurately, check "yes" in item 10.b.

If by "never left" you mean you never left once you came to Canada, that is NOT relevant to any of the questions posed in the application, whether related to instructions about police clearances or otherwise. In particular, the applicant is instructed to provide work history, address history, and travel history for the full FIVE years prior to the date the application is made, and to disclose if a total of 183 or more days was spent in another country during the FOUR years prior to the date the application was made, REGARDLESS of the date the applicant came to Canada, and regardless of whether the applicant traveled outside Canada after coming to Canada to live.

The four year period referenced in item 10.b. is NOT OUTSIDE the eligibility period. The eligibility period is the FIVE years preceding the date the application is made. Item 10.b asks about the FOUR years preceding the date the application is made. Not confusing. Applicant merely needs to add together each day the applicant was in a country (other than Canada) during the preceding four years, and if that total adds up to 183 or more, then check "yes" in response to Item 10.b.

Then follow the instructions. For those who check "yes" in response to item 10.b, the instruction is to either include a police clearance from that country (or countries if in more than one a total of 183 or more respectively), or state an explanation why a clearance could not be obtained.

If in doubt . . .
Yes ur right. I spoke to immigration and clarified this info.

Thanks alot :)

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
can anyone plz clarify.. we landed in Canada as PR on 9 Dec 2013 and we are applying for citizenship..before landing in canada we were in muscat oman for 5 years. so do we need to provide PCC from Oman....my family never left canada since 2013... in order to avoid the hassle of PCC how long we need to wait so PCC is not required to be provided....thanks

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
can anyone plz clarify.. we landed in Canada as PR on 9 Dec 2013 and we are applying for citizenship..before landing in canada we were in muscat oman for 5 years. so do we need to provide PCC from Oman....my family never left canada since 2013... in order to avoid the hassle of PCC how long we need to wait so PCC is not required to be provided....thanks
In your case you would not need a PCC as you never left the country in last 4 years ..the 4 years are counted from the date of your application very simple. And you need to apply to our embassy for PCC if required.