+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

Nezumi

Dec 31, 2013
Hello,

I'd like to apply for open work permit through IEC Working Holiday program and I encountered an information that I may need to get police certificate from any country I lived for over 6 months in when I apply for work permit. Does that also apply to Canada? (I lived and studied in Canada for over a year)

If yes how I'm supposed to get this from outside of Canada and what is estimated waiting time for Canadian police certificate? Working Holiday for my country opens tommorow (May 7th) and I'm worried even if I get acceptance letter I may be unable to apply for open work permit if police certificate is required.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Nezumi said:
Hello,

I'd like to apply for open work permit through IEC Working Holiday program and I encountered an information that I may need to get police certificate from any country I lived for over 6 months in when I apply for work permit. Does that also apply to Canada? (I lived and studied in Canada for over a year)

If yes how I'm supposed to get this from outside of Canada and what is estimated waiting time for Canadian police certificate? Working Holiday for my country opens tommorow (May 7th) and I'm worried even if I get acceptance letter I may be unable to apply for open work permit if police certificate is required.
1, You don't require a police certificate from Canada, unless asks for one specificaly