+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Hi there,, I have been asked by CIC to send my documents and certificates...... Now the problem is, I have lived in four different countries including Iraq, I went to the Iraqi embassy in London and filled in the application form for requesting a police certificate from Iraq, Unfortunatly after 2 days the ministry of foreign affairs in Iraq stoped working till now, could you please clarify whether this would be accepted by CIC or not??

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question is why u need the ministry of foreign affairs !!
the steps are as following :
1- Go to the Iraqi embassy and request the police certificate
2- they will take ur finger prints
3- they will send the document to Iraq (CID: Criminal Identification Department ),
4- the CID will give their clearance
5- The plolice certificate will be signed / stamped from the ministry of interior
6- then the police certificate either to be stamped by the Iraqi embassy or by the ministry of exterior

as far as i know this process will takes around 3 months and the Canadian embassy will tell u that this police certificate expired and u need to get new one :(

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Hi there,, Many thnaks for you reply,, but the CID dosn't deal directly with the Iraqi embassy stamp it should be legalised by the ministry of foriegn affairs first then it goes to the CID. now I have all the evidents that show i applied for this certificate in the Iraqi embassy, and the DHL track number that shows the request arrived to the ministry of forieg affairs in iraq dated 15.8.2009 and the ministry stoped working 18.8.09. now if i explained to CIC that and show them the evidents, will that be accepted???
thanks again

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
That should work..
But try getting from consulate as well...

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
try to get letter from the Iraqi embassy to support ur case,

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
This is a special case. Write to CHC London and ask their advice on this one. There is also a likelihood that u may be exempted from this requirement.

You can go ahead and submit your application to them meantime.

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017
Hi there,, Many thnaks for you reply,, but the CID dosn't deal directly with the Iraqi embassy stamp it should be legalised by the ministry of foriegn affairs first then it goes to the CID. now I have all the evidents that show i applied for this certificate in the Iraqi embassy, and the DHL track number that shows the request arrived to the ministry of forieg affairs in iraq dated 15.8.2009 and the ministry stoped working 18.8.09. now if i explained to CIC that and show them the evidents, will that be accepted???
thanks again
Hi

I just want to ask if you were still able to get a PCC from Iraq. Thank you so much and hoping you’d see this very soon.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Good day!

I just would like to share my experience on how to obtain Iraq PCC if you are an in-Canada applicant. I thought this was an impossible thing to do, but IT IS. It will just take so much time to wait. You will need lots of patience.

1. I called up Iraq Consulate Montreal to request an appointment for the PCC application (Here they will instruct you what to bring and what date/time you can come).. You may check their number in GoogleMaps.

2. On the day of application, I brought with me passport photos, passport, and USD 9.00. I Did my finger-printing and got the photocopy of my application receipt (I requested to have a copy of this receipt to prove to IRCC that I have already applied for it, just in case they make a follow-up).

3. Waited. Tedious follow-ups. You need Patience, patience, and patience (Due to pandemic, there really was a delay in the service). I would suggest doing it earlier, so as to avoid pending your application

4. Iraq Consulate Montreal called me, telling me it's already available for pick-up. (Again, I have to go there personally in Montreal to do "another finger-printing").

5. Finger-print and Receive the document.

My happiness was indeed immeasurable. At first, I don't know where to start. I've searched this forum to get information on how to obtain it but we all have different cases. So I can't find one exactly. People who came to this point thought that it was really impossible and that we need to have someone represent us in Baghdad, Iraq. But the Iraq Consulate had done everything in place. I was so glad and thankful for them.

Ziaahmedshah

Mar 20, 2021
Good day!

I just would like to share my experience on how to obtain Iraq PCC if you are an in-Canada applicant. I thought this was an impossible thing to do, but IT IS. It will just take so much time to wait. You will need lots of patience.

1. I called up Iraq Consulate Montreal to request an appointment for the PCC application (Here they will instruct you what to bring and what date/time you can come).. You may check their number in GoogleMaps.

2. On the day of application, I brought with me passport photos, passport, and USD 9.00. I Did my finger-printing and got the photocopy of my application receipt (I requested to have a copy of this receipt to prove to IRCC that I have already applied for it, just in case they make a follow-up).

3. Waited. Tedious follow-ups. You need Patience, patience, and patience (Due to pandemic, there really was a delay in the service). I would suggest doing it earlier, so as to avoid pending your application

4. Iraq Consulate Montreal called me, telling me it's already available for pick-up. (Again, I have to go there personally in Montreal to do "another finger-printing").

5. Finger-print and Receive the document.

My happiness was indeed immeasurable. At first, I don't know where to start. I've searched this forum to get information on how to obtain it but we all have different cases. So I can't find one exactly. People who came to this point thought that it was really impossible and that we need to have someone represent us in Baghdad, Iraq. But the Iraq Consulate had done everything in place. I was so glad and thankful for them.
Hi,
Can you please mention, how much total time consulate took to provide you the Police clearance certificate. Whether a relative/representative should be there in Iraq to obtain PCC or embassy/consulate do it by themselves??

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi @Ziaahmedshah

Consulate did everything and costs me only USD 9.00 It took around 10 months. Advising that you do it early ASAP as long as you did not return to Iraq anymore. I did not use a representative coz I heard it's too expensive. Though some advise that a representative could really expedite the process. Usually, it's around 6 months maximum but maybe because of covid, everything was delayed.

Ziaahmedshah

Mar 20, 2021
Hi @Ziaahmedshah

Consulate did everything and costs me only USD 9.00 It took around 10 months. Advising that you do it early ASAP as long as you did not return to Iraq anymore. I did not use a representative coz I heard it's too expensive. Though some advise that a representative could really expedite the process. Usually, it's around 6 months maximum but maybe because of covid, everything was delayed.
Thanks a lot Jasmine. It’s really helpful

Reactions: jasmin-alladin