+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate validity from my home country

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
I have a police certificate was issued on October 31 2017 for the purpose of work . Now i want apply for the citizenship . My question can I use these police certificate in applying to citizenship because I had spent 1 year in my home country during my eligibility period but i did not visit my home country after issuing of the police certificate.thank you

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
I have a police certificate was issued on October 31 2017 for the purpose of work . Now i want apply for the citizenship . My question can I use these police certificate in applying to citizenship because I had spent 1 year in my home country during my eligibility period but i did not visit my home country after issuing of the police certificate.thank you
It is good to be used with the application. But you will have to get a new one if you visit your country again before your application.

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The police clearance I have is dated April 18th 2018. I recently went back home and got this one while I was there. My flight back to Canada was on 22nd April 2018.
In such case, will the police clearance be valid or do I have to again get a new one as I was residing 3 more days after the police clearance was issued.
Please let me know.

Thanks

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
The police clearance I have is dated April 18th 2018. I recently went back home and got this one while I was there. My flight back to Canada was on 22nd April 2018.
In such case, will the police clearance be valid or do I have to again get a new one as I was residing 3 more days after the police clearance was issued.
Please let me know.

Thanks
Not valid because of the reason you know yourself. ( it was issued before you left). Get a new one from your consulate in Canada.

Last edited:

v_g1973

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
LANDED..........
30-05-2015
Not valid because of the reason you know yourself. ( it was issued before you left). Get a new one from your consulate in Canada.
No, you don't have to get a new one. That was the case with my PR application. I was in Spain and got the PCC a week before I left. To confirm, I had sent an email to embassy and they said I am good with the old PCC. You may like to check with IRCC, just to have another official version.

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
No, you don't have to get a new one. That was the case with my PR application. I was in Spain and got the PCC a week before I left. To confirm, I had sent an email to embassy and they said I am good with the old PCC. You may like to check with IRCC, just to have another official version.
"If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
If you are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
If you have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."
This statement is from the IRCC on the police certificate page , it used to be there in 2017 , but not there any more.
Maybe they changed the rules.

For express entry PR the current page states;

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

Last edited: