+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate - Requirements

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My question is regarding the following instructions in the CIC PDF Instruction Guide:

"For the following countries, police certificates should not be obtained before applying for immigration. You may receive special instructions at a later date about police certificates for these countries.

Afghanistan
French Polynesia
Poland
Thailand
Costa Rica
Honduras
Saudi Arabia
Ukraine
Fiji
Hong Kong
Singapore
United Kingdom
Venezuela"

I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this process as an Inland Applicant. How does CIC proceed on their end? Do they run the check themselves by contacting your embassy? Does this mean that there are delays? Has anyone been contacted by CIC with "special instructions" and what were they?

In my case I could not get the police certificate even if I wanted to because in my country you must do it in person and as I am applying from Canada that is simply not possible. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should arrange for your PCC. CIC will not do it for you. They don't care about your inconvenience to obtain PCC as you are currently out of your country.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Wilson for your suggestion, however, the reason for my concern is that I cannot arrange for my police certificate. It is not that it is an inconvience but rather that I have to get it in person and I cannot leave Canada since I am in the process of applying for PR. Furthermore, the CIC guide states to wait for further instructions. If anyone else has had any experience with this process I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Can't you go to the consulate nearby? I know I had to get the certificate in person (for Japanese police certificate) and if I were to live in Canada while PR is in process, I would have to go to neaby consulate.
Code:
MexicaTica said:
Thank you Wilson for your suggestion, however, the reason for my concern is that I cannot arrange for my police certificate. It is not that it is an inconvience but rather that I have to get it in person and I cannot leave Canada since I am in the process of applying for PR. Furthermore, the CIC guide states to wait for further instructions. If anyone else has had any experience with this process I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!