+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Requirement new?

Learan

Nov 8, 2007
Hello!

I moved to Canada in March of this year, and my paperwork has been in the hands of the CIC since May - but I'm now not sure that I provided them with everything necessary. In looking through the Guide for Family Class sponsorship today, I see that there is a 'security requirement' section, stating the need for police certificates from my country of origin, that I just don't remember seeing when my wife and I filled out our paperwork.

Does anyone know if this has been added recently, or did we really overlook such a crucial piece of the puzzle?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Learan said:
Hello!

I moved to Canada in March of this year, and my paperwork has been in the hands of the CIC since May - but I'm now not sure that I provided them with everything necessary. In looking through the Guide for Family Class sponsorship today, I see that there is a 'security requirement' section, stating the need for police certificates from my country of origin, that I just don't remember seeing when my wife and I filled out our paperwork.

Does anyone know if this has been added recently, or did we really overlook such a crucial piece of the puzzle?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone!
You must have overlooked it, spousal applicants require a police certificate from every country where they resided for 6 months or more in the past 10 years (all others since turning 18.)

PMM