+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate requirement for countries where an individual spent 6+ months

andy1011

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Police certificates are normally valid 6 months, so I doubt you will be able to use the one you have from Feb 2016.
Hi there, I know PCC is valid around 6 months, but I moved to USA for 3 years now. My question is the PCC of my home country issued last year will be still valid if I am travelling back there for few days soon this March 2018?

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
i have recently acquired the PCC from Qatar with the help of an agency DO I NEED TO GET MY pcc from Qatar attested by Ministry of Foreign affairs. I don't see that as an required criteria mentioned on the CIC website....KINDLY ADVISE

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi there, I know PCC is valid around 6 months, but I moved to USA for 3 years now. My question is the PCC of my home country issued last year will be still valid if I am travelling back there for few days soon this March 2018?
A PCC is considered valid if it was issed at the end of, or after your most recent trip to a country.
So the trip to your home country means you will need to request a new PCC, unless that trip happens after you've submitted your application. (Submitting your application determines the eligibility period, and so also determines for which period of time a PCC needs to be provided -- Note that a PCC only needs to be provided if you spent a total of 183 days or more in a country during the four years preceding the application.)

i have recently acquired the PCC from Qatar with the help of an agency DO I NEED TO GET MY pcc from Qatar attested by Ministry of Foreign affairs. I don't see that as an required criteria mentioned on the CIC website....KINDLY ADVISE
That is not necessary by default.
If IRCC doubts that you are presenting a valid document they may, at that time, ask you to get the PCC attested. If it's easy (and cheap) to have it done now, you may as well do it. But if it's complex (or expensive) it may make more sense to not do it now, as they're unlikely to ask for it.

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a little question regarding the police certificate, I spent 10 months studying abroad (exchange program) in the US, from sept 2012 to may may 2013 and when submitting my application I was asked to provide a police certificate from the US, it made sense until I found this on the website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.

Under “Education,” applicants will be advised to enter the country and city in which they were physically present, even in the case of distance learning. This is to avoid unnecessary requests for police certificates.

How can I add my 10 months under the "education" section if it is part of my bachelor ? I don't have a wes report for those 10 months only as It was included with the whole bachelor/transcript

Thanks you many time for your responses,

Salma A.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a little question regarding the police certificate, I spent 10 months studying abroad (exchange program) in the US, from sept 2012 to may may 2013 and when submitting my application I was asked to provide a police certificate from the US, it made sense until I found this on the website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18.
I'm not sure how the "education" part of your question is related to the Police Certificate Requirement, but the link you posted deals with requirements to obtain Permanent Residency, not Citizenship.
If you are applying for citizenship, you need to provide a Police Certificate only if you have spent at least 181 days in a different country during the last 4 years of your eligibility period.

Reactions: Alsalma

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I'm not sure how the "education" part of your question is related to the Police Certificate Requirement, but the link you posted deals with requirements to obtain Permanent Residency, not Citizenship.
If you are applying for citizenship, you need to provide a Police Certificate only if you have spent at least 181 days in a different country during the last 4 years of your eligibility period.
Thank you for your response,

Am applying for PR :)

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
A person (A) I know used his brother’s (B) name to work in Taiwan few years back. Both are applying for PR, who should get PCC from Taiwan? person A or B?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
A person (A) I know used his brother’s (B) name to work in Taiwan few years back. Both are applying for PR, who should get PCC from Taiwan? person A or B?
How is this legal??? I'm sure if IRCC got wind of this, there would be a lot more questions coming... the PCC will be the last of person A's worries