+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate question

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi, everyone!
I immigrated to Canada from US in May 2018. Since then I visited US few times for about 20 days in total.
So this summer I'll be applying for Canadian citizenship and I wonder if I need to USA police certificate?
I did provide one at the time of immigrating back in 2018.
So technically I lived 183 days in a row in US but that was before the landing. After that I spent there not more than 20 days.

Not sure if that matters but I'm a Russian citizen though I lived for three years in the USA prior to landing in Canada.

Thank you for your answers!

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hey,

Based on how the IRCC words the statement about PC, you many need to provide one since your 183+ days in the U.S. are indeed in the last four years and that is not your country of origin. Obtaining a PC from the U.S. is pretty straightforward so I would get one just in case.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I will be sending my citizenship application this summer. Here is my travel scenario and I am wondering if anyone thinks I would need a PC?

Before obtaining the PR, my country of residence was Canada. I became a PR (flagpolled) in April. A month later in May, I traveled outside of Canada for various reasons for approximately 240 straight days. Here is the breakdown in this order:

Spent 15 days in country X (country of origin/citizenship)
Spent the following 30 days in country Y
Then spent 181 days in country X (country of origin/citizenship)
Followed by 20 days in country Z, before returning to Canada.

If I go by what the IRCC states, it looks like I do not need a PC. Please enlighten me!

Thanks,

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if that matters but I'm a Russian citizen though I lived for three years in the USA prior to landing in Canada.
Yes, since you are NOT a citizen of US you will have to provide a PCC from US.