+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate (PCC for Express Entry)

mirsa

Nov 30, 2018
Hi,I came as student in Canada,completed in aug 2017 and then visited back home and came back in just 1 month and 10 days. Then I have been living in Canada on work permit without visiting any country. Do I get a PCC from my back home?
Yes PCC from home country needs to be submitted by default. I made the mistake of not submitting it in the beginning and they requested for one after 6 months delaying my application even further. And make sure you apply for PCC as per IRCC instructions.

jcvd

Aug 7, 2019
Hello there,
I received my ITA on 20th August 2019, I'm living in Canada since January 2017 and since then I didn't leave the country.
Do I need to get PCC from local police station?
I already got PCC from my home country(India).

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi everyone - just a general comment - if anyone needs PCC from GCC, Asian region including Europe (mainly UK) drop me a message. Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello there,
I received my ITA on 20th August 2019, I'm living in Canada since January 2017 and since then I didn't leave the country.
Do I need to get PCC from local police station?
I already got PCC from my home country(India).
At times they do at times they don’t. In my case I had provided my rcmp letter with my application where as my wife did not. After a month and half I revived a request to provide rcmp letter for my wife and the the very next day revived another letter from IRCC saying please ignore the Trieste and they don’t need this letter

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
Hey guys,

I am hoping to receive invite in next draw. I am in Australia since 2 years. I would be travelling back to my home country (India ) this month end. But at the same time, I am expecting to receive the ITA. I am confused with PCC requirement. As per CIC website, I need to provide PCC for current country which is atleast 6 months old. For other countries, after the day I left that country. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Since I am going back to India for holidays for two months, do i need to get Australian police check now or after I land in India? I am planning to get Police Check for India while being there. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks

Thanks !

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi guys, with the new PCC Law, IRCC only requires PCC from every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row. Did anyone had a request for PCC beyond 10 years?

Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

rabreakell

Jun 25, 2019
Hi,

I am currently applying for my Express Entry Visa.

I'm from England so needed to get a police check from there. I also lived in Australia and New Zealand for 2 years so it asked for Police Checks from both those countries.

I also lived in Canada for just over 2 years before I left but it hasn't asked me for a police check for there. I'm not completely sure whether I need to apply for one but it doesn't give me anywhere to upload and hasn't asked me for it so I guess they don't need it.

I'm a bit nervous about it because I applied for Express Entry before and got decide because my UK police check expired by the time they processed the visa. I want to make sure I don't miss anything out this time.