+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate (PCC for Express Entry)

sergp

Aug 12, 2017
Hi there.

I have received an invitation to apply yesterday. I'm from Ukraine and I was there 6 months ago for vacation.
Two weeks ago my parents in Ukraine requested Police Certificate with translation for me and sent it to Canada.

Would this certificate work for EE profile submission or do I have to request it from the Embassy in Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

azizk

Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

I applied for my India PCC at the Chicago Consular the very next day after receiving the ITA. It has been over a month and a half with no update on the PCC. I have had several email conversations with the consular officer regarding the update for the PCC.
My deadline to submit the application is approaching in a week. What should I do?

Thank You

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi,

I applied for my India PCC at the Chicago Consular the very next day after receiving the ITA. It has been over a month and a half with no update on the PCC. I have had several email conversations with the consular officer regarding the update for the PCC.
My deadline to submit the application is approaching in a week. What should I do?

Thank You
If you don't get the PCC within time, you can attach a LOE with those email conversations as proof of your best effort. CIC doesn't guarantee but they are inclined to give you more time in that case.

Reactions: azizk

azizk

Nov 14, 2018
If you don't get the PCC within time, you can attach a LOE with those email conversations as proof of your best effort. CIC doesn't guarantee but they are inclined to give you more time in that case.
What counts as my best effort to obtain the PCC?

arpita608

Aug 28, 2018
Hi is it required to give individual pcc for city where I have lived in more than 6 month or year. As I have lived in Gujarat for 4 years and my born place is Rajasthan.

mirsa

Nov 30, 2018
No PCC required.
Hey please help :(

I Had called the IRCC agent and was told that Eligibility Medical and Security is officially pass and criminality is under process then there will be a final review. They had requested for PCC on 26th Nov and I uploaded on 3rd December. no updates since. Any idea how long it takes for the ADR to be reviewed and a final decision be made? Is there anything I need to be worried about at this stage? Wonder when I ll receive the PPR.
(AOR 5th MAY)

Sai4066

Jul 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help. I am staying in USA currently. Regarding PCC from India can I submit pcc from indian local police station. I know IRCC mentions to apply thru Indian embassy nearby but do they also accept PCC from Indian local police station?

Anyone could advice on this will be a great help!!

mirsa

Nov 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help. I am staying in USA currently. Regarding PCC from India can I submit pcc from indian local police station. I know IRCC mentions to apply thru Indian embassy nearby but do they also accept PCC from Indian local police station?

Anyone could advice on this will be a great help!!
The only way is to do it through the embassy since you are living in the States. IRCC even says the same. If there was another option I guess they would have mentioned as well. Any specific reason as to why you don't want to do it through the Embassy?

Sai4066

Jul 13, 2018
The only way is to do it through the embassy since you are living in the States. IRCC even says the same. If there was another option I guess they would have mentioned as well. Any specific reason as to why you don't want to do it through the Embassy?
Thanks for your reply. I heard cases where Embassy takes more than 6 weeks to issue PCC. So, I don’t want to take risk and wait until my submission deadline.

newEEonOWP

Jan 31, 2018
I have got the invite last week.
I went to CGI and got Police clearance from CGI,Toronto. I have stayed in India till I was 32 year old and later, 1 year in canada and then in India and then I am back to canada again. Do we need police clearance from Canada as well ? The PCC from CGI,Toronto is for India. Correct. ? Can someone advise me on this regard. Many thanks.

mirsa

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I heard cases where Embassy takes more than 6 weeks to issue PCC. So, I don’t want to take risk and wait until my submission deadline.
What I have heard from friends who applied pcc through the embassy is that they received it within a week. Most of my friends who applied under CEC applied for PCC through the embassy and it was quicker then applying it locally.

Siva26

Jan 7, 2019
Hi I have a related query can any one help. this is regarding PCC from India. I am currently in Bangalore past 2 years but don't have address proof here (as it is like paying guest). however my permanent address is from Chennai. now can I apply for PCC from Chennai PSK? or will IRCC expect the PCC from Bangalore PSK as the address history will say the present address as Bangalore.
Can any one provide their opinion/ similar experience

mirsa

Nov 30, 2018
Hi I have a related query can any one help. this is regarding PCC from India. I am currently in Bangalore past 2 years but don't have address proof here (as it is like paying guest). however my permanent address is from Chennai. now can I apply for PCC from Chennai PSK? or will IRCC expect the PCC from Bangalore PSK as the address history will say the present address as Bangalore.
Can any one provide their opinion/ similar experience
You can get the rental agreement as proof of address. I had a similar issue as I dint have any proof of address here. Luckily my bank account is in the Bangalore address so I got a photo pass book from the bank and I was able to use that as Proof of Address. The cop did make some fuss about the passbook as I hardly had any transactions. So if you got a bank account here in Bangalore then get the photo passbook and ask the bank rep to mention transactions from the last one year. That should suffice.

Note: Make sure the passbook from the bank is eligible for address proof. You can find that out by going on passport seva kendra website or by calling the customer rep for Passport Seva Kendra.

If you can manage a rental agreement then that should be good enough

Niravoza1218

Feb 4, 2019
Hi,I came as student in Canada,completed in aug 2017 and then visited back home and came back in just 1 month and 10 days. Then I have been living in Canada on work permit without visiting any country. Do I get a PCC from my back home?