+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate (PCC for Express Entry)

pdcanadapr

Mar 13, 2018
Hi there,

I recently got the ITA and have to submit the documents including PCC.

Can someone guide me if I have to get PCC from the country where I lived 6 months or more after the age of 18 but never stayed for 6 months in a row. I mean I travelled for 2 months then came back and then again travelled for 1-2 months but never stayed in that country for 6 months in a row or continuous.

I am confused because IRCC has recently made changes in the PCC rules where it shows that we need to provide PCC only if stayed 6 months in a row!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html#police

https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html?site=fb&cat=org

Regards,
PD

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I recently got the ITA and have to submit the documents including PCC.

Can someone guide me if I have to get PCC from the country where I lived 6 months or more after the age of 18 but never stayed for 6 months in a row. I mean I travelled for 2 months then came back and then again travelled for 1-2 months but never stayed in that country for 6 months in a row or continuous.

I am confused because IRCC has recently made changes in the PCC rules where it shows that we need to provide PCC only if stayed 6 months in a row!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html#police

https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html?site=fb&cat=org

Regards,
PD
No PCC required.

pdcanadapr

Mar 13, 2018
Hi, I am in the same situation, can you please update whether you are asked for additional PPC. Thank you in advance!
No they didn’t ask for more PCC as of now, also I have not submitted my application yet- it may come in ADR but for now in the checklist they have asked for PCC India.

Reactions: aks.abhi9

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I have question regarding India PCC. I moved to USA on 2008 and after that I visit India, once in a year and stay for 1 month. After 2008 I have not stayed in India for continuous 6 months, so my question is while applying for India PCC do I need to provide PCC before 2008 ? or from my recent visit date i.e. Dec 2016 to 2004 ( i.e 2004 I turned 18 years ). Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Need clarity: Travel History for Past 10 years need to be shared post ITA for all the countries a person had visited.
Please refer below timeline and suggest Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirement under Canada Express Entry for me as I worked in Qatar and Oman between 1st Feb 2008 to 10th Feb 2009.
India to Qatar: 1-Feb-2008
Qatar to Oman: 17-Apr-2008 {◆2.5 months stay in Qatar}
Oman to India: 4-Sep-2008 {◆4 months, 17 days in Oman}
India to Oman: 21-Sep-2008 {◆17 days in India)
Oman to Qatar: 19-Jan-2009 {◆4 months in Oman}
Qatar to India: 10-Feb-2009 {◆21 days in Qatar)

Please refer guidelines from Canadian Govt. on obtaining PCC with example:-
Online system will ask for a police certificate for:
and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
Examples of when to get a police certificate:
If you’re not sure if you need to get a police certificate, these examples may help you understand when you need one

Example A: 7-month stay 20 years ago

Feras is 45 years old. He worked in Turkey for 7 months when he was 25 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from Turkey.

Example B: Several short stays in another country

Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

I am seeking answer/ help for below mentioned both scenarios:
(1) Current I have completed almost 9 years & 4 months of my above quoted travel of Oman (4 months + 4.5 months stay duration). Now if I get ITA, then PCC is required from Oman stay?
(2) If I will delay the submission of Express Entry profile for 8 months and complete the 10 Years (over 10 years) travel window, then PCC for Oman is required for me?

_sri

Jun 6, 2018
Amsterdam
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
29-07-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
11-03-2019 Sent 11-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2019
LANDED..........
Nov 2019
Any country you stayed more than 183 days in a year needs a PCC. For ease it is called 6 months. In 6 months you will have 3 months of 30 days (90days) and 3 months of 31 days (93 days) = 183 days. It is a rule followed all over the world. It has implications also on taxes, but that is besides the point here.

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Any country you stayed more than 183 days in a year needs a PCC. For ease it is called 6 months. In 6 months you will have 3 months of 30 days (90days) and 3 months of 31 days (93 days) = 183 days. It is a rule followed all over the world. It has implications also on taxes, but that is besides the point here.
Kindly refer New Rule related to PCC requirement for Express Entry Applicants and suggest: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

What you are saying no where mentioned on new rule or anywhere else. Please clear this query. Thanks

_sri

Jun 6, 2018
Amsterdam
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
29-07-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
11-03-2019 Sent 11-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2019
LANDED..........
Nov 2019
Well, the link you show also says 6 months. I have just given more details on what counts as 6 months. You may count it as 180 days, does not matter. Only clarification, I may add is " any country in last 10 years" as per requirements of Canada Immigration. It is assumed (in broad terms) ..that a stay over 183 days in a foreign country is considered as a resident of that country and you should be paying taxes in that country (also). Again, legally there are lot of ifs and buts to this, but it will only confuse everyone. In general the rule of 6 months if expanded comes to 183 days. Because one can then be verified also against again tax frauds in their police certificates. There are many discussions on this same forum on 183 days.

Keeping it short, the general consideration if one is not sure of considering himself or herself as a resident of a country, should follow 6 month (183day) stay. That is all I am saying. And mathematically if you add up any random 6 months in a calendar, it is always be between 179 &186 and is considered as 180 days or 6 months as it is easy to remember. Obviously nobody stays randomly in a foreign country. So if one stays for 6 months, it is largely (30+31+30+31+30+31 = 183)

I rest my case.

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Well, the link you show also says 6 months. I have just given more details on what counts as 6 months. You may count it as 180 days, does not matter. Only clarification, I may add is " any country in last 10 years" as per requirements of Canada Immigration. It is assumed (in broad terms) ..that a stay over 183 days in a foreign country is considered as a resident of that country and you should be paying taxes in that country (also). Again, legally there are lot of ifs and buts to this, but it will only confuse everyone. In general the rule of 6 months if expanded comes to 183 days. Because one can then be verified also against again tax frauds in their police certificates. There are many discussions on this same forum on 183 days.

Keeping it short, the general consideration if one is not sure of considering himself or herself as a resident of a country, should follow 6 month (183day) stay. That is all I am saying. And mathematically if you add up any random 6 months in a calendar, it is always be between 179 &186 and is considered as 180 days or 6 months as it is easy to remember. Obviously nobody stays randomly in a foreign country. So if one stays for 6 months, it is largely (30+31+30+31+30+31 = 183)

I rest my case.
Thanks for providing the calculation of 6 months into days. However, I am seeking answer/ help for below mentioned both scenarios:
(1) Current I have completed almost 9 years & 4 months of my above quoted travel of Oman (4 months + 4.5 months stay duration). Now if I get ITA, then PCC is required from Oman stay?

(2) If I will delay the submission of Express Entry profile for 8 months and complete the 10 Years (over 10 years) travel window, then PCC for Oman is required for me?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Need clarity: Travel History for Past 10 years need to be shared post ITA for all the countries a person had visited.
Please refer below timeline and suggest Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirement under Canada Express Entry for me as I worked in Qatar and Oman between 1st Feb 2008 to 10th Feb 2009.
India to Qatar: 1-Feb-2008
Qatar to Oman: 17-Apr-2008 {◆2.5 months stay in Qatar}
Oman to India: 4-Sep-2008 {◆4 months, 17 days in Oman}
India to Oman: 21-Sep-2008 {◆17 days in India)
Oman to Qatar: 19-Jan-2009 {◆4 months in Oman}
Qatar to India: 10-Feb-2009 {◆21 days in Qatar)

I am seeking answer/ help for below mentioned both scenarios:
(1) Oman you have to get a PCC... Since you were already living there between 2008 & 2009.
(2) If you were holding a Qatar residence visa it will be showing you are a resident in the country and traveling within the region. You would need to get a Qatari PCC as well.

If you a slightest doubt that the officer will have question mark when he sees your travel history(if it is under or over 6 months in total), it is best to support them with a PCC or alternately an Letter of explanation(LoE) in case you are not able to provide a PCC. Better to provide a comprehensive application with supporting document which raises little question in the mind of case officer reviewing your application.

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
(1) Oman you have to get a PCC... Since you were already living there between 2008 & 2009.
(2) If you were holding a Qatar residence visa it will be showing you are a resident in the country and traveling within the region. You would need to get a Qatari PCC as well.

If you a slightest doubt that the officer will have question mark when he sees your travel history(if it is under or over 6 months in total), it is best to support them with a PCC or alternately an Letter of explanation(LoE) in case you are not able to provide a PCC. Better to provide a comprehensive application with supporting document which raises little question in the mind of case officer reviewing your application.
Kindly look at the stay duration / timeline of Qatar & Oman... It was never 6 months or more in a row (as per new PCC rule) between Feb 2008 to Feb 2009.

What if I submit my EE profile after 8 months or Feb 2019? My past 10 year travel history will be Zero after Feb 2019.