10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Hello.

I am preparing all my documents for the application, and in the documents check list i find this:

[__] Original police certificates or clearances from each country where you were present for a total of 183 days or more in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. If you are unable to obtain a police certificate, tell us why in the space provided in question 10 of the application form. Consult How to get a police cetificate (police check) for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any county.

In the past 4 years (7 years) before the date of my application i've lived in Canada..
It doesn't say anything about Canada.. only other countries..

Do i have to contact the RCMP or i don't need to include these documents?

Thanks.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hello.

I am preparing all my documents for the application, and in the documents check list i find this:

[__] Original police certificates or clearances from each country where you were present for a total of 183 days or more in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. If you are unable to obtain a police certificate, tell us why in the space provided in question 10 of the application form. Consult How to get a police cetificate (police check) for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any county.

In the past 4 years (7 years) before the date of my application i've lived in Canada..
It doesn't say anything about Canada.. only other countries..

Do i have to contact the RCMP or i don't need to include these documents?

Thanks.

Hi
no, you don't need any Canadian police certificate and in your case you don't need any police certificate. Some applicants are asked to submit a fingerprint report from RCMP during the citizenship process though.