+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate needed for 3 months after turning 18?

shlambent

Oct 22, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a question about the Police Certificate.

I lived in Country A when I was young, up until I went to college in Country B. I was 18 years and 3 months old when I went to Country B for college.

I am currently applying for Express Entry, but I am less than 28 years old, so the Police Certificate requirement only applies to when I just turned 18. I am definitely getting a PC for Country B, where I am living now, but I was wondering if I also need a PC for Country A?

While I never stayed in Country A for more than 6 consecutive months after I turned 18, that is where I grew up, I was there for 3 months after I turned 18, and I have returned to visit family for a couple weeks every few years.

It is going to be a hassle to get a PC from Country A, so I was wondering if this is something the immigration administrators will likely ask from me.

Thank you!

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
You don't need to get it.

However, ADRs for police certificates of places where you've stayed less than six months are not uncommon.

So I would get it. Might be a hassle now, but it will be even more of hassle arranging it within a tight deadline if you get an ADR for it.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone! I have a question about the Police Certificate.

I lived in Country A when I was young, up until I went to college in Country B. I was 18 years and 3 months old when I went to Country B for college.

I am currently applying for Express Entry, but I am less than 28 years old, so the Police Certificate requirement only applies to when I just turned 18. I am definitely getting a PC for Country B, where I am living now, but I was wondering if I also need a PC for Country A?

While I never stayed in Country A for more than 6 consecutive months after I turned 18, that is where I grew up, I was there for 3 months after I turned 18, and I have returned to visit family for a couple weeks every few years.

It is going to be a hassle to get a PC from Country A, so I was wondering if this is something the immigration administrators will likely ask from me.

Thank you!
Officer has the discretion to ask you for PCC for any country. Seriously, I've seen people around me getting ADR for FBI PCC despite having being there for just a 2 or 3 week vacation... Ridiculous
From what I understand (do correct me if I'm wrong), you're a citizen of Country A.
If that's the case, although the system may not require you to upload PCC for Country A since you haven't lived there for 6 months or more since the age of 18, officer is likely to ask your for one.
Like @pizzaboy99 said, better to get it now. If you do get ADR for that PCC, you'll probably have just 30 days to submit it. So might as well be a hassle now than when you're on a clock...
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...

shlambent

Oct 22, 2018
I'm not actually a citizen of Country A - my family were expats.

@Peacekeeper87 that's terrifying, because even though I've only stayed in one country for more than 6 consecutive months, I've done lots of traveling. I studied abroad in a sub-Saharan country for 4 months, and I've visited more than 5 countries for about 2 weeks - should I get PCCs for all of them???