+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate Mexico : CONSTANCIA DE ANTECEDENTES REGÍSTRALES,

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
hello guys,

have posted about this befre and since then i thought it was taken care of - but now i need help!

i received a request for a police certificate on july 5, 2019 while i was visiting family in the US (i am an american living in mexico as a leagl resident). i called IRCC to ask how i should go about submitting it since i was not going to be home within the 60 days in which it was due. i was told to follow the procedure for mexican residents outside of mexico and that is what i did. i then followed up to confirm the documents were received. additionally, i was told it would be wise to request an extension because mexico often takes longer than the 60 days to provide the certificate. i did, via the webform and uploaded all the documents i sent to the canadian embassy in mexico city as proof that i provided what was necessary (and i have the confirming email in connection to that enquiry). the embassy was then supposed to request the certificate on my behalf and upload it to the system (and my application) once they received it.

BUT then, on november 20 i received another request for the police certificate (this time along with the official letter from the emabssy in spanish)! i have called the help center (613.944.4000) and was told that they can no longer answer questions about immigration so i called the embassy in mexico city and was told the only way to conmtact that department is to email them and i have done so twice with no reply. now that i am back in mexico the process is quite lengthy and expensive, requiring air travel and hotel, especially since i have already provided everything requested of me and incurred the cost of that already.

im super freaked out and very concerned because ive been given 30 days to do so again,but dont want to do it again if its not necessary or there is an error.

the instructions for obtaining the certificate from whitin mexico refer to the official website of the office that is responsiblie for dong so but it's all in spanish and i cant fifure out where the office nearest me is or what i'd need to bring with me ro requets it (other than the official letter form the embassy). and i dont really want to go through all of that since i already gave the embassy what they needed to do it on my behalf!

what do i do?

thanks in advance!