+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate issue of info when upload document to CiC

llty

Apr 6, 2019
Hi there
Canada ask me for a police certificates of places i lived more thar 6 months ,
When I tried to upload my police certificate from UK (Place were I lived for short period ) there is a slot where I need to write down the country of issue of the document (police certificate) before upload the actual police certificate from UK , but to my surprise in the country list does not appear just UK , appear instead all this possible options for UK

1. UK overseas territories citizen
  2. UK overseas citizen
  3. UK subject
  4. UK national (overseas)
  5. UK protected person

which mine is NONE of them cause I am not citizen of UK, I just lived there for 11months so
what option should I write there, or how should I explain it ?
or maybe if I am from European Union does not matter the option i choose here ?

I think must be some mistake , Cause if they asked me Country/ territory of issue of the police certificate
I don't get that instead of put just the country, were the certificate was issued , start to differentiate nationalities on this ..

any idea , or similar case ? ( only happend if you need to present certificate from Uk , rest of the countries jsut appear the country itself an not all this variations

Thank you !

Nsaxo199

Nov 18, 2019
Hi there
Canada ask me for a police certificates of places i lived more thar 6 months ,
When I tried to upload my police certificate from UK (Place were I lived for short period ) there is a slot where I need to write down the country of issue of the document (police certificate) before upload the actual police certificate from UK , but to my surprise in the country list does not appear just UK , appear instead all this possible options for UK

1. UK overseas territories citizen
  2. UK overseas citizen
  3. UK subject
  4. UK national (overseas)
  5. UK protected person

which mine is NONE of them cause I am not citizen of UK, I just lived there for 11months so
what option should I write there, or how should I explain it ?
or maybe if I am from European Union does not matter the option i choose here ?

I think must be some mistake , Cause if they asked me Country/ territory of issue of the police certificate
I don't get that instead of put just the country, were the certificate was issued , start to differentiate nationalities on this ..

any idea , or similar case ? ( only happend if you need to present certificate from Uk , rest of the countries jsut appear the country itself an not all this variations

Thank you !

Hi Ilty, what did you end up doing? I have the same issue and don't know what to do. Please help, Thank you

Nsaxo199

Nov 18, 2019
Hey, i also have this issue and would be great to know what you guys did! Thanks!
I personally just chose a random one as none of them applied to my case and couldn't find an answer anywhere I looked. I don't know if I was just lucky enough to find a 'good' officer or its something that just doesn't make sense therefore they don't really care about that selection. Sorry that I can't help you further man

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
If the United Kingdom is missing from the list, there should be either one of these 2.
England
Great Britain

llty

Apr 6, 2019
Hi about hat I did at the end
I choose this one
UK overseas citizen , but any of them were correct or apply to my situation.. . but speaking with people in other forums we get to the conclusion that does not really matter if you are not any of this citizent type , they should change the question
and many people choose some other and also was ok , later at the end , so no worries so much about that topic :)