+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate (India) - Procedure?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I am preparing for my PR application. I am on a work permit in Canada. My indian passport was issued in 2008 and is due to be expired on 2018.

I came to canada in 2013 on study permit. Now, i have to apply for my police Certificate from Toronto. My concern is that - the address written on my passport is different from the current one as my parents moved to a different place in my absence as i never went to india.

Will this create a problem? Is there any police verification done in India? Please someone help. I dont have any address proof of the new address in India.

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
It is very common, people move to different address and they don't update it on their passport. You can apply for PC by visiting Indian embassy, they might issue on the same day in about 2 hours or so. I think the embassy will have access to CBI database and they would search your name against that D/B for any criminal record. They would add a note on the last page of your passport that you requested a PC. I did mine in US, I had my passport renewed while in US with my US address on the passport. If I remember correct, you would be filling up a form at the embassy and you can provide your current address in India. Hope it helps.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
gprasad.n said:
It is very common, people move to different address and they don't update it on their passport. You can apply for PC by visiting Indian embassy, they might issue on the same day in about 2 hours or so. I think the embassy will have access to CBI database and they would search your name against that D/B for any criminal record. They would add a note on the last page of your passport that you requested a PC. I did mine in US, I had my passport renewed while in US with my US address on the passport. If I remember correct, you would be filling up a form at the embassy and you can provide your current address in India. Hope it helps.
Will there be any verification at home ? Because the procedure here is different in Toronto, it takes 4-6 weeks and asks for original passport and work permit.

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
I am not sure about the process in Toronto - check with your local embassy. Sorry for the delayed reply, as I myself was busy with moving to CAN from US. Please update the procedure when you are done for the benefit of other people who are in similar situation as yours. Thank You.