+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate from Spain

Luana

Aug 19, 2017
Only seeing this now...If you plan to send one which is not translated then it is a very high risk....but again that is your call to make. regarding the legalization, if it were possible it would be better to apply for a new certificate and have them legailise it and send again,,,if it were translated then you could submit and explain in LOE that you have applied for another that should be arriving legalized and show proof...
however, one of the greatest reasons for rejection is PCC (you can check the forums), so if it is not translated (unless you really have no option you might want to consider decline your invitations and getting it translated). If you apply now you would be leaving your application at the mercy of an officer since by requirements the officer has a right to reject i) a certificate not translated and ii) one which is not legalized...
Hope this info helps
Hello!

Thanks for replying!

I got the legalization in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Spanish version of the document and translation by a sworn translator in Brasil. I am running to also get a translation performed in Spain so the Embassy of Canada can verify before I send my documents... If I can't get, I think will send the document and a LOE explaining that the certification at the Embassy of Canada will be uploaded ASAP. What do you think?

Thank you!

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello!

Thanks for replying!

I got the legalization in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Spanish version of the document and translation by a sworn translator in Brasil. I am running to also get a translation performed in Spain so the Embassy of Canada can verify before I send my documents... If I can't get, I think will send the document and a LOE explaining that the certification at the Embassy of Canada will be uploaded ASAP. What do you think?

Thank you!

From what you wrote above, i don't seem to see the challenge...it is like you have the translated copy right?

Reactions: Luana

Luana

Aug 19, 2017
From what you wrote above, i don't seem to see the challenge...it is like you have the translated copy right?
I do have a sworn-translation done in Brazil, but the Embassy of Canada no not accept it to authenticate the document. In this sense, I am still missing a sworn-translation done in Spain and an authentication by the Embassy of Canada that I am not sure I will get in time to submit the documents.
Anyway, If I don't get the authentication in time I will write a LoE explaining that the authentication will be submitted ASAP.
This way I think I got this issued covered right?
Thank you a lot!

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I do have a sworn-translation done in Brazil, but the Embassy of Canada no not accept it to authenticate the document. In this sense, I am still missing a sworn-translation done in Spain and an authentication by the Embassy of Canada that I am not sure I will get in time to submit the documents.
Anyway, If I don't get the authentication in time I will write a LoE explaining that the authentication will be submitted ASAP.
This way I think I got this issued covered right?
Thank you a lot!

....Just make your LOE as explicit as possible so that the officer gets the picture...

rsarathiraja

Sep 7, 2017
Dear All,

Today i received ITA. I am from India. I need PCC from Spain for the period from 2009 - 2013. Please guide me the steps to get PCC from Spain.

If i apply through online via The Ministry of Justice . what are the documents required from side.

The PCC should be legalized means ? where to legalize - in Ministry of Interior Spain or Canada Embassy in Spain.

My second doubt is PCC should be translated to English right?. if the translation to be done in sworn translate in Spain or India or Canada.

(or)

Shall i do above steps with the help of Spanish Lawyer.

Kindly help me.

Thanks for your help.

sidbidus

Nov 6, 2017
India
Dear All,

Today i received ITA. I am from India. I need PCC from Spain for the period from 2009 - 2013. Please guide me the steps to get PCC from Spain.

If i apply through online via The Ministry of Justice . what are the documents required from side.

The PCC should be legalized means ? where to legalize - in Ministry of Interior Spain or Canada Embassy in Spain.

My second doubt is PCC should be translated to English right?. if the translation to be done in sworn translate in Spain or India or Canada.

(or)

Shall i do above steps with the help of Spanish Lawyer.

Kindly help me.

Thanks for your help.
I guess you got your the things figured out by now. Could I request you to mention the steps you took

raider123

Jun 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am an Indian living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Having real tough time getting PCC from Spain (lived for 2 years in Spain).

Please correct my understanding on the below steps: (based on my understanding of CIC + Ministry of Justice, Spain)

1. Certified/verified Photo copy of Passport (only) --> but where can i get the photo copy certified?? Is this similar to getting it notarized??

2. Fill 790 form

3. pay 3.74 euros via Bank Transfer --> collect the paid receipt

4. all the above 3 forms to be sent to Madrid address.

5. After PCC is done and getting the apostille from Ministry of Justice - Spain, we get back PCC hardcopy or via email from them??

6. Can i use this service for translation to English - "https://taontario.ca/translation/8/" of PCC and will i need to translate the apostille too??

Please help me through this process.

Thanks a lot.
Raider

goForit

Jan 14, 2017
hi all,
I am applying for PCC from Spain. I am an Indian national temporarily staying in Canada. Do I need to submit an online application in the present situation or ask it through the mail ? Is anyone here facing similar situation ?

princeexpedition

Mar 1, 2017
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen have lived in Barcelona, Spain more than 5 years but currently living in Toronto. I will be applying for PR for which I need PCC from Spain. I know Covid-19 causes everything delay. Is there anyone who applied and got it recently? Can I apply directly through Consulate of Spain, Toronto? I heard that getting a PCC from Spain sometimes takes more than 8 months and also happens that people don't get anything at all. Do you guys think I should contact with Spanish lawyer in Spain who can arrange the PCC?

Thanks in advance

alexjohn

Jul 23, 2020
I got the sanctioning in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Spanish adaptation of the archive and interpretation by a sworn interpreter in Brasil. I am hurrying Universal doors to likewise get an interpretation acted in Spain so the Embassy of Canada can check before I send my records.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen have lived in Barcelona, Spain more than 5 years but currently living in Toronto. I will be applying for PR for which I need PCC from Spain. I know Covid-19 causes everything delay. Is there anyone who applied and got it recently? Can I apply directly through Consulate of Spain, Toronto? I heard that getting a PCC from Spain sometimes takes more than 8 months and also happens that people don't get anything at all. Do you guys think I should contact with Spanish lawyer in Spain who can arrange the PCC?

Thanks in advance
Hi there I'm just wondering if you submitted your police certificate from Spain and what was the process. If you could be so kind to let me know what you did, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

ERicardo

Feb 23, 2021
I am in the same dilemma, I have asked the Toronto and Quebec Spanish consulates, and for foreigners, the only thing that they do is legalized passports. The problem starts when we have to send the required documents to the Ministry of Justice and External Affairs, they request to include a pre-paid envelope in the file that we are going to send; however, there is no way to buy a pre-paid envelope that works in Spain from abroad!!!!!!!!!!1 If someone has more info to share...

ERicardo

Feb 23, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
I am in the same dilemma, I have asked the Toronto and Quebec Spanish consulates, and for foreigners, the only thing that they do is legalized passports. The problem starts when we have to send the required documents to the Ministry of Justice and External Affairs, they request to include a pre-paid envelope in the file that we are going to send; however, there is no way to buy a pre-paid envelope that works in Spain from abroad!!!!!!!!!!1 If someone has more info to share...

Oz101010

Nov 17, 2021
Hi. has someone got the certificate yet? I am in the same process. I lived in Spain for 6 months. I'm Colombian, and I live in Vancouver. Any suggestion about getting the police certificate?