+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Singapore for Canadian Citizenship Application

bytematrix

Dec 2, 2017
Dear all,
I am stuck in a situation here and would appreciate your help/experience/comments. I am preparing to apply for my citizenship application which includes a more than 183 day stay in Singapore. This entails that I must attach a Singapore police certificate with the application. However, upon checking the procedure to obtain Singapore police certificate, I came to know that Singapore requires a letter from the agency requesting the police certificate that I must attach with the police certificate request. I would like to ask if anyone had to go through this and have an experience to share. Importantly the following questions:

1- Has any one been through this with a process? if not, then,

2- Could I attach the citizenship application as a proof for requesting police certificate?
3- Is there a way to contact CIC before application submission to get a letter from them that I may submit to Singapore authorities?

Thanks in advance

joroz

Jul 1, 2012
AB
Nomination.....
May-2013
AOR Received.
19-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi bytematrix,

Here is an extract from canada.ca website that might help.

I did not provide any police certificate in my citizenship application because I was just in Canada during my eligibility period.

But I worked in Singapore prior to coming to Canada and I applied for PR here. Back then I have to submit my application first and waited for the request from CIC for a police clearance. Only then you can apply for a Singapore police clearance.

I believe it's the same way. Just right the explanation that a request from CIC is required to apply for Singapore police clearance. They know that already.. I think.

- - - - - -

Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more. If you cannot get a police certificate, tell us why.
Example 1
In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to France that lasted 200 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France.
Example 2
In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from the USA.
Example 3
In the past 4 years, you spent one year (365 days) working in Singapore. While working in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.
Example 4
In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.

bytematrix

Dec 2, 2017
Hi bytematrix,

Here is an extract from canada.ca website that might help.

I did not provide any police certificate in my citizenship application because I was just in Canada during my eligibility period.

But I worked in Singapore prior to coming to Canada and I applied for PR here. Back then I have to submit my application first and waited for the request from CIC for a police clearance. Only then you can apply for a Singapore police clearance.

I believe it's the same way. Just right the explanation that a request from CIC is required to apply for Singapore police clearance. They know that already.. I think.

- - - - - -

Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more. If you cannot get a police certificate, tell us why.
Example 1
In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to France that lasted 200 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France.
Example 2
In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from the USA.
Example 3
In the past 4 years, you spent one year (365 days) working in Singapore. While working in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.
Example 4
In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.

Thanks for your reply. That’s one of options that I intent to go to in case nothing else works. I am just exploring if it is possible to get everything together before applying.

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Submit your application stating you need the letter from them (IRCC) for the request of PCC in Singapore. Once you have your letter and processed the PCC then submit it back to IRCC.

Reactions: bytematrix