+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from outside of Brasil as a non citizen

borah88

Mar 22, 2017
Hello,
I am in the pool for Express Entry and want to get my papers ready.
I used to live in brasil for 8 month but are german and I cant figure out where or how to get the police certifacte from Brasil. Im not a citzen , dont have an ID and arevcurrently in Vancouver. So how do it get it?
It sais go to nearest Policia Federal office, but I´m in Canada. So how does that work?
Please help,

From the CIC homepage
If you are not a citizen of Brazil:
If you live in Brazil:
If you live outside of Brazil:

If you have Brazilian ID cards [Cédula de Identidade de Estrangeiro (CIE) and Cadastro de Pessoa Fisica (CPF)]: You must contact the Brazilian Federal Police to obtain a "Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais." Visit the Brazilian Federal Police website (available in Portuguese only) for instructions and to apply online.

If you do not have Brazilian ID cards [Cédula de Identidade de Estrangeiro (CIE) and Cadastro de Pessoa Fisica (CPF)]: you will not be able to request a certificate online. You should apply in person at your nearest Policia Federal office (visit the Policia Federal website (available in Portuguese only) for a complete list of offices).

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
borah88 said:
Hello,
I am in the pool for Express Entry and want to get my papers ready.
I used to live in brasil for 8 month but are german and I cant figure out where or how to get the police certifacte from Brasil. Im not a citzen , dont have an ID and arevcurrently in Vancouver. So how do it get it?
It sais go to nearest Policia Federal office, but I´m in Canada. So how does that work?
Please help,

From the CIC homepage
If you are not a citizen of Brazil:
If you live in Brazil:
If you live outside of Brazil:

If you have Brazilian ID cards [Cédula de Identidade de Estrangeiro (CIE) and Cadastro de Pessoa Fisica (CPF)]: You must contact the Brazilian Federal Police to obtain a "Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais." Visit the Brazilian Federal Police website (available in Portuguese only) for instructions and to apply online.

If you do not have Brazilian ID cards [Cédula de Identidade de Estrangeiro (CIE) and Cadastro de Pessoa Fisica (CPF)]: you will not be able to request a certificate online. You should apply in person at your nearest Policia Federal office (visit the Policia Federal website (available in Portuguese only) for a complete list of offices).
Hi Borah,

I had the same problem. I also spent more than 6 months in Brazil but I am a non-citizen living outside of Brazil. Follow the same instructions as for Brazilian citizens living outside of Brazil. They will tell you to get it online. I thought it would only work for Brazilians but you can actually enter your name and it will also generate a certificate for you.
Or you can authorize a friend in Brazil in writing (a letter written by hand) to get a certificate for you from the policia federal. Also provide a copy of your passport. That's how I did it in the end. I received a signed letter which I had translated by a sworn translator in Brazil.

Hope that helps.

borah88

Mar 22, 2017
Hey Thank you so much. I tried to get it online but when I type in my data there a parts that I can't fill out like numero de passporte for example cause mine starts with a letter C and that is jot accepted. I also don't know what CPF is and UF? I was able to print out a form but I doesn't say much on it. I wonder wether that's enough.

Thanks so much for replying .

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Hey Thank you so much. I tried to get it online but when I type in my data there a parts that I can't fill out like numero de passporte for example cause mine starts with a letter C and that is jot accepted. I also don't know what CPF is and UF? I was able to print out a form but I doesn't say much on it. I wonder wether that's enough.

Thanks so much for replying .
Hello, I am in a similar situation. Were you able to use the online version?

Thanks
Faheem